Larry AU

"Babe, we've got to go, we're going to be the last ones there!" Harry said, rushing into the bedroom so that Louis could help him with his tie. He knew how to tie it, but he pretended he didn't because he loved to watch his husband do it for him. It was just one of their things.

"Listen, it's your fault we're running late! You just had to take forever to do your hair like you always do!" Louis replied, sarcastic as usual. The two of them were going to a dinner party with some coworkers, and while Louis could care less for it, Harry wanted to maintain his good reputation because he was working toward a promotion.

"But you're not even dressed!" Harry said anxiously, looking down at his watch.

"Well then get out!" Louis fired back, placing his hands on his hips.

"Why can't you change with me in the room? I've seen you naked." Harry laughed, smirking at the fit boy.

Louis glared at him and turned around to search for a shirt, dismissing the question. Harry knew the real reason Lou wouldn't change with him. Louis hated his body. Even when they made love for the first time, Louis wouldn't quit rambling about how unfit he was, and how embarrassed he was about his body. Harry could never see why though, he was beautiful. He was thin and in shape but he had a tiny little tummy, and that was the feature he couldn't stand. Harry however adored it.

When the two of them were best friends in high school before they dated, Harry had helped Louis finally get the courage to tell his mother about his eating disorder. He had ended up going to a therapy program about it, and for the most part, he had overcome it now. But he still had some lingering body image issues. He was working on them though, that was what counted, and Harry's encouragement made quite the difference as well.

Louis stood there frantically searching the closet for any shirt that he thought might look decent. He grunted in disapproval as he held up the different shirts to his body in the mirror. Then, Harry approached him from behind and put his arms around his husband's small waist, noticing his discontent.

"What are you doing sweetheart?" Louis asked quietly, lowering his head down to look at his feet. He couldn't help but notice the way his stomach bulged out and he looked in the other direction to avoid it.

"Just loving you." Harry whispered, placing his lips gently on the back of his husband's neck. "God, look at you. You're so beautiful." He said lowly, bringing his eyes to meet Lou's in the mirror in front of them.

Louis smiled weakly and blushed, (yes, even after 3 years of marriage, he still blushed at Harry's flattering remarks) but then tore his eyes from the mirror. "Thank you." he muttered.

Harry began to pull Louis's shirt up, but Louis quickly pulled it back down. "Stop." He said firmly.

"Why?" Harry asked.

"The mirror."

"But I want you to look. Look at how lovely you are."

Louis didn't pull away, but turned his head over his shoulder to look at Harry instead who was smiling at him sweetly. Harry pulled off his husband's shirt and threw it on to the bed, despite his incessant protesting. He returned his arm's to Louis's waist and then noticed that his head was still turned away and his eyes were shut tightly. He would not look into that mirror.

"Lou," Harry coaxed, drawing out his name. "Open your eyes." Louis only shook his head.

"Well then I guess I can't describe how pretty your blue eyes are." Harry remarked. "But this face." He walked to the front of Louis, blocking the mirror. "And that smile." Harry poked Lou's cheek, which he knew would make him smirk, even with his eyes shut. "And your little hands." Harry brought his husband's hands to his face and kissed them softly. "Your strong arms." He ran a hand down his husband's arm as the compliments flowed from his mouth. "And this adorable tummy." He poked Lou's tummy and Louis jolted away with a giggle. Harry picked up Louis's arms and placed them around his own neck before returning his arms to his husband's little waist. Then gently, he swayed back and forth as as Louis laid his head down underneath his chin.

"You are so beautiful, to me." Harry sung after a few moments, almost whispering. He had always been sappy, especially when it came to showering Louis with well deserved compliments. "You are so beautiful, to me." Louis heavily breathed in the scent of Harry's cologne. "Can't you see? You're everything I hoped for. You're everything I need." Harry placed his hand on Louis's chin and brought his face up to his own. A tear rolled down Lou's cheek as he smiled gently, and Harry wiped it away with his thumb as he continued to sing. "You are so beautiful," He placed a kiss on the smaller boy's forehead before finishing the song. "To me."

The two boys just gazed at each other for a moment with genuine smiles decorating their faces. "I love you." Louis said with a sigh.

"And I, you. Now, would you look at your beautiful self?" Harry said with a grin, poking Lou's side again before returning to his place behind Louis. After a moment, Lou took a breath and looked up into the mirror, studying his own arms and waist. He smiled gently before leaning back against Harry.

"Hey, I have an idea." He remarked.

"Hm?" Harry hummed.

"Let's skip the party so you can make out with this beautiful man of yours." Louis smirked teasingly at Harry in the mirror whose eyebrows were raised.

"Sounds good to me!" Harry gave in easily with a smile as Louis led him to the bed and pulled him on to his lap. Not only was Harry smiling because, well, who wouldn't if they got to make out with this man and say that they were his husband, but also because Louis really had just admitted aloud for the first time that he was beautiful.

And even as the two of them laid in bed that night after hours of... well, "activities", Harry called him beautiful again and again, and Louis did not get shy. He did not look away and thank him dryly. He just smiled, and replied, "I know, babe, I know." Sarcastic, as usual.