CHAPTER 4. unknown suspicion

Amaya didn't exactly find training to be a thrilling practice

Amaya didn't exactly find training to be a thrilling practice. It was necessary for her to train as a sorcerer, but there was something about training with Okkotsu that made her look forward to it. She'd show up with a bright smile, waving at him.

"Maybe I subconsciously want to be a teacher..."

"What?"

"Huh?"

Snapping out of her thoughts, Amaya straightened her back. She was sitting with the other first years on the stairs near the training field because they all needed a quick break. All of them besides Maki, anyway. The Zenin took a break just for the hell of it.

Amaya wiped the sweat off of her forehead and turned to Maki with a weak smile, "Nothing! Heh, I was just thinking about things."

"Those things were being a teacher. Piece of advice: don't. It'll turn out bad," Maki bluntly remarked.

Panda chimed in, "You're terrible at explaining science and math subjects, even if you understand them well."

"Amaya... this doesn't make sense. Should I ask Tsumiki?"

"Yeah, probably. Sorry about that, Megumi."

Inumaki nodded, "Salmon. Bonito flakes tuna."

The female second grade sorcerer gasped in offense before she pouted, "I'm way better at jujutsu than teaching? You guys are so mean... but aren't wrong."

"At least you're self-aware," Panda shrugged.

For the 4 months they've been classmates, they've become extremely close as friends. Okkotsu noticed them as he observed his classmates, his hands supporting his elbows. In the 3 weeks he's been in the school, he was getting the hang of how things go.

Although, it was still hard in some aspects. He couldn't understand Inumaki at all besides for when the platinum-haired boy nods or shakes his head. Then there was Maki, who was just more hard-headed and blunt. Okkotsu couldn't even count the number of times he's felt shivers run down his spine within her presence.

When it came to Amaya and Panda, however, he was fine with their presence. Amaya had been kind to him from the start and the same applied to Panda. Panda just the comedian of the group, and Amaya the mother.

"I think you're doing great, Amaya-san," Okkotsu scratched the back of his neck. "You're great at teaching me! And uh- nice too. The best teachers are nice. Wait... Well, that's just my personal opinion."

They all stared as he rambled, some words understandable and others in whispers. Amaya was just plainly staring at him before her lips turned up into a smile. It warmed her heart to see him be supportive.

Amaya gently elbowed Okkotsu's arm, "At least someone believes in me. Come on, let's show them I'm not so bad!"

"Yeah!" Okkotsu played along as Amaya giggled.