Jake's Father Overhears A Conversation Between Sophia and Jake!

Jake grinned. "Mmm, interested are we?"

I smiled, reflecting his own. "Maybe. Just wondering."

"Does this mean you want to have some fun?"

He stroked the base of my neck and I held on to what willpower I had to keep myself from melting and sinking at his touch. "This means I just want to know."

Jake chuckled, deep and vibrating. "Well, no contracts are involved, so you can strike out any Fifty Shades mentality you perhaps have thought of."

I shook my head. "Not at all. In fact, I welcome no creepy contracts."

"Good," he nodded, "it's just fun, Sophia. Unadulterated pleasure at no expense. Just two people, who like each other and are sexy, I definitely know you think I'm sexy-" he winked once and I laughed "-that respect each other still, and just want to have fun."

"What if all this goes downhill?" I scrunched my nose, hesitant to ask that question but knowing I had to regardless of whether or not I liked the answer.

Jake shrugged, almost stumbling over his words and making me nervous. It made me realise that maybe he didn't know what would happen at that point either; that he didn't think that far ahead. Surely enough, it freaked me out.

"We just go our separate ways," he simply said. "But I know you and I are going to have something good."

I lifted a brow in speculation. "Really?"

He nodded, skimming my lips with his thumb. "Really. Off the bat, I know it's going to work. And if it doesn't, I bet my career on it."

I raised both brows in surprise. "Wha-?"

He chuckled. "Let's just forget about that for a minute. Forget about the negative and the potential for a downward spiral. I mean," he shook his body, "all this talk about 'what if's' is making me all stressed out. I think I need some relief."

"I think I do, too," I whispered, thinking of all the positions I want to try out.

He grinned widely, proud that he had convinced me to play. "So it's settled then?"

"Just one more thing," I said as he was leaning down to kiss me.

"Hmm?"

I exhaled a shaky breath of air. "Will you...go to dinner with me?"

My heart thudded at the possibility of rejection at my question. Or rather, condition. On one hand it seemed pointless to ask since it hardly had any basis to the fun mind-blowing sex we'd have; but on the other hand, I didn't want to just sleep with him and not know even an ounce about him. I mean, I know of him, but that's different. I've heard stories by people through people and so on, but I've never really spoken to him, never really known him through his eyes and words. There was a massive difference that I saw, but I didn't know if he would be able to see it. And I didn't want him to know that it was a condition of mine so he didn't feel pressured or anything like that; and yet at the same time, I felt like he should know.

I went back and forth in my mind as he contemplated my question. His brows angled in confusion and his eyes wide and less hazy; focused entirely on me, though the smile remained as a friendly ease of the funny heat-inducing situation.

"Get to know each other?" he asked. "Now where would the fun be in that?"

I shrugged, awkwardly. "I just thought that it would be a good idea."

Jake sighed. "I don't think so."

I pushed off against the wall and like a magnetic reaction he moved backwards, the both of us straightening up. "I guess we have nothing to more to say then."

I walked back to my desk feeling defeated and embarrassed. I just asked a drunken one-night stand to go out with me, and he refused. If I was afraid office dynamics were going to be awkward before, this takes the cake.

A few seconds after I slumped at my desk, my phone rang. "Richard Saunders' office."

"Okay," the voice said.

I waited, but nothing further was spoken. "Okay what? May I ask who is calling?"

I heard a light chuckle, chopped and bitten into electronic pieces. "It's Jake. How many guys you got going on the side?"

"None!" I said, sounding offended.

He laughed even louder. Oh, right, he was joking. Ha...ha ha. "I'm saying okay to dinner. I actually think this will be interesting."

I smiled, biting my lip and blushing. "Okay."

"But not out, let's have it at my place just in case it leads to sex."

I chortled. "Oh, it won't. Just dinner, and maybe just a kiss. If you're lucky."

He 'hmphed' confidently. "We'll see."

"Oh and by the way," I said, playfully, "you're cooking."

I hung up immediately after, the tip of my forefinger pressing down on the hard shiny plastic and then stroking down and out. My smile turned into a large grin that only revealing itself to me when my cheeks started to hurt.

"Well," I jumped out of my seat at the deep voice right next to me, "that was an interesting conversation."

It was Robert! Jake's father! Shit! Did he hear the entire conversation?