Incase you didn't know

I sat in my favorite spot watching the sunset. I was feeling down about how I felt lately. I've always struggled with depression but it has been bad lately. I really struggled with my insecurities, all my past, and thinking I wasn't good enough for anyone. All I wanted in my life was a husband and some beautiful babies. I also wanted to live on a beautiful farm with horses and lots of land and fields out in the country.
   I started off into the field and the orange hue beckoned along the horizon. I flinched at the sound of a familiar kind gentle voice.
" Hey (y/n)What are you up to?" My best friend (C/n) said to me while plopping down right beside me on my right. The smell of his strong cologne filled my nostrils.
"Um, just watching the sunset."
"Alone?" He asked, looking up at me with his (e/c)eyes.
"Yeah, I don't have anyone else to watch it with." I sighed
"Aye,what about me?" He said
elbowing me playfully in the side while he chuckled.
"I guess you're okay." I said,being sarcastic.
"Oh , come on I'm the best and you know it. "He smirked  at me and we made eye contact that seemed to have so much tension, or at least to me it felt that way.
You are the best I thought to myself.  (C/n) always had been. That's the thing. I'm in love with my best friend (C/n). We grew up with our parents being best friends.  As we got older I started having feelings for him,and God did it hurt watching him start caring how he looked,or in high school dating other girls and asking me all the advice. When I wanted it to be me with him.
He's never got the clue, and I know he doesn't feel the same way. That's what breaks my heart even worse is I want a family and a husband. All those great things, but I want it with him. It'll never happen. He always tries to hook me up with his friends ,but I kind of shy away because it's always him I want, and it always will be.
"What's going on up in that head if yours?" he asked, tapping the top of my head.
I didn't want him to know. I didn't want to talk about it. I always hide this part from him, the want for a family and  husband and all. I'm surprised he hasn't found a wife yet. He's the best man in this town. In the world in fact.
Yeah,he goes on lots of dates or some hookups after we go out to the bar At least that's what he says.
"Nothing," I said, not looking at him.
"You know you can't lie to me. We've been best friends since we were babies. I can tell when you are upset." I looked up at him trying to keep myself calm and collective. I was gonna try to convince him I was fine and just tired, but when I looked up into his (e/c)eyes I saw him standing at the alter, our first time together, our first baby ,us riding horses, playing with our kids  in the yard. Tears just started forming in my eyes. I couldn't hold them back.  I was in love with (C/n) and I'd never have him. That shattered me.
I looked away fast,realizing I was,and I didn't want him to see.
"(Y/n),hey hey what's wrong?" He grabbed me, pulling me to look at him.
I looked away as he held my shoulders.  I just couldn't look at him.
"Did somebody hurt you? Oh,I'll kill that bastard." He said madly trying to get up.
"No, I'm fine ,it's just that time of the month,and I'm just moody." I lied
"Ah," he paused. "Well how about I fix that." He asked laying back propped up on one elbow as he took his cap off putting it on my head.
That made me smile.
"There's that smile I know. Come on, let's go get some ice cream." He said getting up and grabbing my hand to help pull me up. For those 2 seconds our hands touched my heart could've exploded. The want and need for him became worse as I've gotten older. I just wish there was some way to get over him. I wanted him as my person forever ,and I can't stand to not have him.
  We got up in his lifted black Silverado. We buckled in,and I put his cap back on his head even though I didn't want too. He did his usual and put a dip in before turning on some good ole country music. And of course what comes on
Incase you didn't know Brett Young is on.
"Oh I love this song." He turns it up
"Incase you didn't know baby I'm crazy bout ya. I'd be lying if I said that I could live this life without ya. Even though I don't tell you all the time. You had my heart a long long time ago. In Case you didn't know."he sang it beautifully. He wasn't just mumbling or fake singing. You could tell he was trying. It was almost like he meant the words he way singing.
I set there watching that sunset almost faded into darkness a tear escaping out of my eye wishing he was saying that to me.
"So what kind of ice cream ya want?" He asked fixing his cap as we pulled into Dairy Queen.
"Hmm,(favorite ice cream)I guess." I said not really enthusiastic about it because I'd almost had enough,and I wanted to blurt out I love you.
"Cheer up buttercup," he said, popping the P and pinching my cheek.
I couldn't help but smile at that.
  He ordered our ice cream and got back on the road. It wasn't long before we started slowing down at the gate to his family's fields.
"(C/n) wh.."
"Just wait.. hold this." He said putting the truck in park and jumping out of the truck to undo the gate.  He jumped back in, letting the door close just enough to drive through then got back out  to push it to.
"I wanted to bring you to my special spot." He said driving up a hill. We got to the top and he cut the truck off. He jumped out, and before I could even process what was happening he was opening my door.
I got out while he opened the tailgate  and he jumped up on it.
He patted the seat beside him ,and I jumped up beside him.
"This is where I come when I've got a lot on my mind. I thought it'd help you. The view is so pretty. The stars shine so bright. Sometimes I lay here and stare at them so long I almost forget what's bothering me.
   The view was breathtaking. And I actually started to feel better.  At least I was  getting to spend time with him. It seemed like we were hanging out longer and more often than usual. Which I was glad about. He seemed nicer too. He's always been nice, but you know how boys are always picking and making fun when they don't mean it. He hasn't been doing much of that lately. Actually complimenting me and such.
  He laid back looking up at the stars.
"Lay down.  The view is better when you do."
So I laid back.  Our shoulders touched and my heart began racing. We were so close I could hear his breathing.
"Look, little dippers right there," he pointed. I looked and found it. Then I saw the Big Dipper.
"Got one better, Big Dipper." I pointed.
"Okay,Miss astrology." He chuckled.
I looked at him, seeing his beautiful smile in the moonlight.
"You feeling any better yet?" He asked.
I thought for a second.
"I guess I am sort of." I silently sighed.
"Well.." he cleared his throat.
"Would a hug help?"  I gulped at his words. There's nothing more I needed than one of his comforting hugs besides him being mine forever.
I nodded at him.
"C'mere," he said, pulling me over on top of his chest.  He ruffled my hair playfully,and I laughed. Then it just went quiet. He wrapped his arms around me holding me against him as I cuddled into his chest. I could hear his soft breathing. He began playing with the ends of my hair. My heart was beating so loud I thought he could hear it or feel it for that matter.
"You gonna tell me what's really going on?" He whispered rubbing the top of my head. I looked up at him. He was already looking down into my eyes.
I sighed. "It's nothing.
(C/n) sighed. "Why are you shutting me out?"
"What? I'm not. " I said, looking up at him. "It's just woman problems. "
He went silent. He blinked at me and then looked away. It looked as if he had tears In his eyes. I was going to have to tell him even if it broke me. I had to take that chance. If I didn't it might be even worse. I could lose my life long best friend.
He slowly raised himself up on his elbows eventually raising himself all the way up,so I raised up as well getting off him.  His eyes glistened in the moonlight
"We should go." He said lowly moving to get off the truck bed.
"Wait." I rushingly grabbed his arm.
He stopped and looked at me.
"I....I." I just couldn't say it. I knew he was about to turn around and leave.  I was gonna just say it,but he spoke first.
"Remember when we were kids. If we were nervous or embarrassed to tell each other something we would put our backs together and say it?"
"Yeah,"
"Put your back to mine." He already has his back towards me. I turned around and paused before I put mine to his.  There was also another game we would play when we were children. We would trace words on each other's back and see if we knew what it said.
  It was so hard to say it out loud. It could ruin everything.  I let out a shaky breath as I touched his back. He turned his head.
"Stay still." I whispered
I began to trace the letter I. Then I put my hand against his back  signifying a space.  I know he could feel my fingertips shaking.
I slowly traced the L.
My breath was shaky especially as I traced the o.  I traced the V. Then I traced an e.  I reached to do the y when he spoke.
"I love you." He spoke. His words rang out through the air in almost a quietness you could hear a pin drop.
My heart stopped. He turned around and looked at me.
He gently grabbed my face.
"I'm in love with you, (y/n). I always have,and I always will. I never thought you felt the same for me, so I never told you. "
I smiled, and a tear of happiness came out of my eyes. We Both smiled at each other. He gently wiped my tear away with my thumb while continuing to caress my face.
"I'm in love with you too (C/n). I've been in love with you ever since we were kids. I didn't think you felt the same either. "
His face inched closer to mine. My breath got shakier with every millisecond he came closer. His forehead pressed to mine as we kept heavy eye contact. I could feel his warm breath,and I knew he could feel mine. He nuzzled his nose against mine. His hands came up to my waist gripping slightly. I cupped his face feeling his soft skin.
It was crazy how we've been around each other our whole entire lives, but I've never felt like I feel right now around him.
"I love you. I love you. I love you." He whispered.
"I lo.."
Before I could finish he pushed his lips into mine. When they tell you there's fireworks with the person you love,there is. It felt like wonderful fluttering sparks going through my whole body.
The gentle touch of his lips and the warmth. It all just felt so right. He wrapped his arms further to my back pulling me into his chest as my hands moved to his neck. It felt like the kiss lasted a lifetime. We both pulled away for breath, and he looked up at me with a smirk.
"You know I've waited a lifetime to do that." He said, pushing a piece of hair behind my ear.
"I hope you'll let me do it the rest of our lives."
"Are you saying you want to ma..?"
"Yes I do. I've wanted that for a long time, but I don't want to ask you here like this. I wanna take you by surprise." He winked
I threw my arms around him, holding him tight. I was so happy I could scream like a little girl.
He pulled me down with him to lay back on the truck bed.
"I wanna lay here and cuddle with you for a while, actually a lifetime. " he said, kissing my forehead.

I hope y'all liked the imagine. This one was a little personal. I actually wrote it for me and changed some things because I thought I'd post it since I love to write.
Send in ideas of stuff y'all'd like to read!