Azure Blue

Alone he laid in the flowers, shaded by a great willow; swaying in the breeze. The sun hung low in the sky.

It was about 8 o' clock, maybe 10 or so minutes more. A man laid there since the morning, covered in petals and tree dander but peaceful as he slept. Though maybe by choice or necessity he laid naked in a pair of blue briefs. However he slept peacefully, his curly locks mingling into the wild flowers.

It came to this point he felt the need to get up. Gently he opened his eyes, briefly dazzled but still in a state of utter bliss. He peeled himself up off the floor in one fail swoop and with a stammer he was up. "Thank you" he said to the flowers and the tree, he bowed and then began his journey.

"Where to go now?" He said cocking his head, taking a stroll through the flowers. With a gleam he flicked his hair that began to flow all the colours of the rainbow. His skin glowed with a perlescent sheen as he woke up.

He walked, puffs of wheat and little meadow flowers brushed up against his legs. The sun beamed and tickled his neck as he went towards the woodland brush. A pulse rose from the brushline and so he asked "May I come in?". "Who goes there?" Bellowed the woods back. "Nova of the Transcendant Step".

A hush drew over the woods as the wind swept over the trees.

"If you are of the Transcendant Step then why do you not simply cross?". He smiled softly, "For it is not my place, this is your domain".

Silence fell again, blanketing the bright landscape. "So you may". The voice called and the barrier fell. He took a step through, into the woods.

Brushing past the shrubberies of the through line he continued into the woods. "May I ask?" He called out walking softly over the soft soil and pine needles.

"You may" said the voice, "I need a guide?". He continued on, catching the pines of evergreen trees with his fingertips. He stopped hearing a sound of soil churning and turned to see a man climb out. A large man with hair of thick dark chestnut and striking features, his head was dressed in the skull of a stag and clothes draped down his head and wrapped over his body, coins and bones clacked as he came to stand. "So a being of the between worlds-" he takes a branch under his hand and walked up besides Nova. "Why don't you simply hop to where you want to go?" He spoke in a deep, gravely voice. He took a breath in and walked to the man towering before him.

"I wanted to go on a journey, would you mind coming with me?". "Me, I a spirit of the Earth, the will of the forest. Why would I go on a journey with you?". "Because company is valuable" he chirped back, "You have a saying for everything don't you? You really are one of the sun steppers aren't you?", It brought him to a chuckle. He felt enchanted and glowed at the cheeks. "Which walk are you?". "The Heartfires sir", "No need for honorifics young one, strange your so effervescent; which stars do you stand under?", "The moon and the starlight" he giggled bringing a smile to the mans face. "What is your name?' he sung, bubbly and free. "Keyroris Embersense". Nova smiles, his freckles shimmering with light and replied "That's a beautiful name". He chuffed.

"If your going to take a walk amongst the lands you may want to speak in more than just sayings" he said walking forwards and so Nova followed close behind.

"In which direction are you heading?", "Um, preferably to the edge of the forest; where the snow falls. I'd like to see a friend". He spoke up and so slamming the branch into the ground as he walked he thumped with every step.

They walked peacefully in unison for a little while, taking in the sites and watching the sun rays dance through the trees tops. "I am aware it warm but why so- free?" He asked glancing down "I don't know, it just felt right". Together they were silent for a moment "It suits you well". "Thank you". They continued on walking till soon they found a clearing in the woods. A small den stood by the trees as the sun was almost set.

"What do you wish to do, there is no good in wandering in the dark?". He walked towards the den of sticks and logs. "I'm unsure" he said, he took head towards the shabby den. "Who made this?". "A group of humans, they were caught in the rain". He turned to the man and smiled, "Your very kind for helping them, you know- with the shelter". Keyroris chuckled again but softer, "how much of what goes on down here do you all see? You must be at loose ends to watch this place". Nova shrugged, "Myself not much, I deal with those who dream and stare at the stars for Guidence".

"Compassion and dreams, not often a field undertaken by the Heartfires by my knowledge. However I haven't spoken with your elders in milleneum". "No, but everyone needs a place to go", "Cryptic". "No not really, boredom and loneliness, want and dream are why we are here?" People need a place to go, even those who are simply for life to live".

"I shall admit, in time of trial I have sought your glow".

"Would you like to rest with me, I've slept already but I'm happy to stand guard?" He asked the near giant."Though the forest stays still, I remain awake always and watch. But yes Nova, I will rest with you". Nova's smiled brimmed with delight and so he laughed and the more he laughed he skipped and twirled. His delight was infectious, the fauna around grew expadentially. Branches twirling and bushes growing full and wide, it was like a wonderland where the surreal grew physical.

The man threw up his hands and joined the dance. They circled one another moving to the rhythm of nature and the forest grew to a swirling nest; a cove far above where the structure was build. This cove felt alive and heady with a serenity, gentle and welcoming to all around. Nymphs and Dryad's and Gnomes alike watched curiously as they're dances entwined breathed life lush in deep leaves and ivy growing a deance haven huge and covering as a blanket of night swept over the lands.

He took Nova's hand and twirled him bringing him in deep. The dance ended as Keyrosis embrace him. He shrunk his form to match Nova's human size. Still tall and broad but at a size where they could hold one another without the need for stretch nor strain.

They laughed and he took Nova in his arms, walking under the den in they're nest now grown. Keyroris laid down under the shelter and held Nova. Nova entangled over his body held him back. Nova combed his hands into the druids soft hair and said "I know that this cannot be forever but for now we can live and love in this dream".

"Whatever time between now and eternity is time we'll pend". The creatures all nustled into one another, peaceful and content for the night as though they could not see the stars, Nova shined for them and glowing brighter Keyroris felt it, he absorbed it deep into his being and pulled Nova tighter. "Maybe the stars may never fall, at least I can behold one tonight".

Keyrosis could feel Nova's breath on his neck, his thick lips ready and waiting. Nova kissed him softly but the second time he tasted the sweet woody warmth of this Earth spirit and felt the druids firm press back. He wrapped his arms around him and kissed him back, exploring Nova's thick muscular form with his hands. The feeling of those big, callused hands brought out feeling that swelled within him. Nova feeling his belly, his strong shoulders and entangling legs closer into one another. As if they shared one skin.

There was no worry, they had all night. Neither with true need of sleep.

Soon Keyrosis de-robed and so did Nova. The Earth spirits form enchanted Nova, his hardy skin. His thick bushy hair, his belly.

And to Keyrosis the sparkling bushy hairy triling up Nova's stomach and filling his chest, his long cloud like hair and the sheer expressiveness of his face brought a deep joy that bloomed through the body of this being.

"Can I?". "I see we are already there" Keyrosis replied. Nova's gentle touch wandered down and held the mans labours of love. He took them up in his hands and brought himself down, the man panting with anticipation.