CHAPTER FORTY-THREE

___

Genderless. Literally genderless.

Eldest's adult form looked like a man and at the same time, a woman. With that long blonde hair and that delicate small face in frame, in just another blink, the jawline would seem sharp and dignified like a man. The body is petite in its form, however, it also looks a bit muscular.

It's a bit hard to comprehend. The only words I can combine to describe it is literally genderless. I blinked my eyes furiously, caught off guard.

"Cat got your tongue?"

"Excuse me?" I asked, bewildered. I just got surprised because she, wait he? How the hell am I going to address Eldest now? Them and they?

Eldest's voice also surprised me. It was...intriguing. The voice was deep but not so deep, so I still can't point out which gender this form infront of me is.

The latter raised a brow, arms crossed before stepping aside of my view. There was a few moment of silence before they also gestured their hand, as if to let me walk pass by.

My eyebrows twitched upon realizing what just happened, a smile forced upon my face. "That's not what I meant by excuse me, and I'm not joking."

A smirk went its way to their lips. "Neither do I." Ignoring their sarcastic remarks, I chose to assess them a little further. Their physical appearance is, indeed, marvelous. Fitting for a deity!

"Soooo, are you a man or a woman?" Even if it's obvious that the form infront of me is genderless, I still want to make sure. Maybe they can actually transform into a man and a woman, not just into a kid or an adult.

Crossing their arms, a blunt reply followed. "Take a guess, Cly."

"...a woman-man?" I questioned, wondering why I chose to give that kind of an answer. I was only given a sneer, making me huff out in annoyance. "Okay, I don't care anymore. Let's just get going."

"Wait," blocking my way, I frowned at the height difference of a child and an adult. That God earlier named Luminescence was already frustrating enough, now even Eldest is this tall?

Why are deities so perfect?!

"Why are you asking my gender instead of praising me? Odd." Eldest stated with narrowed eyes, crossing their arms. How am I odd? I mean, deities are perfect, I get it. I don't think I have to tell them that since they literally hear that to other humans.

Ah, and I just recognized their attire and it looked the same to what priests usually wear. That's understandable, I guess.

Taking their question into consideration, I cleared my throat and replied nonchalantly. "Weren't you the one who got embarassed when I called you pretty before?"

"I'm a man right now, do you want me to act gay?" Eldest growled, making me gape at him. I never knew taunting him was the best method to make him reveal his gender!

He soon realized what he just said, a familiar grimace on his face. "Okay smarty-pants, now you got the answer, do me the favor and feed my pride."

I rolled my eyes at him, but still giving him what he wanted. "You're the best."

"That's it?"