CHAPTER FORTY-ONE

____

I never knew time can really make haste to this empire.

It has been a week ever since the situation back in the Crimson Palace occurred. We were supposed to participate in the hunting event too, but because of the missing nobles and their pathetic charade, it was cancelled.

Same time I was able to replace the bad rumors with good ones the moment I was able to be of help in solving the charade problem with the nobles, who's planning to dethrone the current Imperial family.

That same day was also the day I learned Eldest' origin, which is a fallen deity. To think that I have a friend whose a deity, it sounds unreal but at the same time, everything that's going on in my life today is already unreal.

Ah, I recall it was also the day I've met the aristocrats who supports Klydeur and had a little bit of a heated arguement. They're kind of brave and prideful, especially since they had the guts to anger the Empress.

Good thing my side is dependable.

The Duke and even the Marquess. I think I misjudged them too early, or they just don't want anyone slandering a royal heir to the throne. Anyways, the Viscount is clearly a safe and honest person.

Oh right, I suddenly remembered the ribbon. That maid is probably working under Klydeur, I'm certain of it. Even Ashley is tailing behind me that time! Fortunately, even Lady Beatrice noticed. Are they trying to find dirt on me to spread as rumors again?

But that's not the main point. I could care less about my reputation since I've fallen down the drain to begin with. Not totally, but being a mama's boy is humiliating me, a mentally older person!

Besides the fact that Eldest is a deity whom I may have been rude with, or the fact that I had to witness new people such as Archduke Shaman, or maybe knowing the population of both nobles and aristocrats who opposes us.

I have a different point that makes me wanna go scream at the top of my lungs and ignore their judgemental stares!

The conversation between Klydeur and the Empress.

Just what was it all about?!

"What a gutsy kid you are."

"As I should be, mother."

"Then I allow it."

"Thank you, mother!"

Just allow what?! If you don't want any fictional world war to begin, atleast let me know what that was all about! Thinking about their conversations makes me worried and anxious.

Is this it? Am I gonna die? I mean, this is supposed to be the first thing to cross my mind since I'm scared of having to die like how Clydeur is originally fated to. But...

I clenched my hand into a fist as I stay seated on my garden's fountain, my silver eyes blazing and scorching a stare at the pitiful green grass.

But why do I feel pathetic?

My only goal is to make sure Aureus never kills me. I have no intention of becoming the Emperor if necessary for my survival. All I want is to live longer. Or if I have my own way, I'd like to find a way to go back to my own world.

I've been ignorant, thinking only about common things like if you die, then you're dead. Or if you get reborn, then live anew.

But did I really die in my modern world? I do remember getting ran over by a truck, but what if I was still alive? In comatosed state, I guess?