The Unlikely Two.

Selena had no accurate grasp of where she was. Well, that’s not entirely true; she knew where she was physically. Her eyes darted across the calming and familiar décor of her bedroom. She sat lightly balanced on the edge of a chair in the corner, her back so straight you could trace lines with it, her hands folded neatly and easily in her lap.

Yes, everything in her vision and around her seemed normal and unchanged. But she didn’t know where she was, mentally. Her mind was racing a million miles per minute. 

Every single fiber of her body felt like it was tensed; she kept replaying the scene that had taken place not even thirty minutes ago, downstairs, in her foyer.

*flashback*

“What do you want, Lerman?” Selena let out an annoyed huff as she saw Logan approaching towards her with a somewhat determined expression in his features. Yes, they used to be enemies and for some reason her best friend thought it’d be a good idea to invite him over for Selena’s birthday party. 

It was however not as bad as she had expected but just as they were arguing about yet another subject, a sudden force pulled her towards him and sent her lips crashing onto his. Turns out, that the force was his hand on her lower back.

“Stop denying.” Logan murmured a mere whisper away from her lips. She still couldn’t get her mind around its actuality. She brought her hand slowly towards her mouth, in utter shock that she could still taste him. 

Quickly, she disposed of that notion and replaced her hand in her lap. Her thoughts shifted to the ding of the elevator that had sounded to alert them that someone was on their way in.

It was a little miracle that she had even heard the ding because of how completely absorbed she had been with Logan’s hands, arms, lips, tongue, his everything. She silently thanked God that they had been able to detach themselves from each other just before Emma and Nick came sauntering into her lobby, both of them talking at once.

She remembered not being able to determine what they were even saying, her ears had been ringing. She tried to appear as normal as possible but she felt like she hadn’t yet recovered her normal breathing pattern yet. When she looked in Logan’s direction, she saw that his gaze was fixed on her. She quickly turned her attention to the two, who had just entered the room.

****

Selena’s phone was ringing on her nightstand. She didn’t even need to look at it to know who it was. Reaching over, she pressed the ignore button before sinking back fully under the covers and continuing her request to completely disappear from the world around her.

It had been almost a week since they were nearly caught kissing in the foyer and Logan had been calling and calling. She didn’t know what to say, so she wasn’t answering. There was no possible way for her to keep avoiding and ignoring him and she was also starting to feel bad that she wasn’t acknowledging him.

She had to be careful with how she denied him. She couldn’t be characteristically cruel or kind. They had breached new and unfamiliar territory and she was unsure of the next step. Her phone started ringing again; she instantly grabbed it and put it to her ear before she could convince herself against it.

“Hi,” she said evenly, trying not to sound as eager as she felt.

“Selena…” Logan let out her name like a sigh. 

She was surprised that the simple syllable of her name ever sounded quite so lovely.

“Lerman, this is borderline stalking.” She exclaimed coldly. He let out a little chuckle, even after what had happened between them she didn’t miss a beat. The corners of her lips twitched as she heard the sound.