Chapter 1

Today, I came to the conclusion that airports suck. It's busy, loud and your back always hurts because you ALWAYS carry around luggage.

My best friend Hope and I have just finished our second year of university and for about 3 years now, we have beem saving up to backpack around the world for 3 months long. Originally came from a small town in London called Chesire, but we want to explore the world, eat crazy foods and maybe even "fall in love".

Honestly, I don't really believe in love, I think its over-rated, People claim that they know there is such thing as love at first sight but really, it sounds silly. But Hope on the other hand, thinks that love is the most valuable thing to feel. But there are more important things in life. Such as jobs and good grades in school, those are my main priorities. My parents have raised me in the buisness way where everything school and work related has to be perfect. They think those are the most important things in life and now, I'm starting to believe them.

"Hope, I'm hungry." I whine.

"We'll just get something on the plane." She replies.

"Okay well...uh.... I'm just going to go to the.... uh... bathroom. Yeah... bathroom." I lie.

"Klara Maya Smith, do you really expect me to believe that your actually going to go to the bathroom and not go to McDonalds? I don't know what I'm more upset about, the fact that you just lied to to me or the fact that you were about to get food with out me." Hope said while crossing her arms.

"Hope Rose Brown, do you not trust me? I thought we were best friends." I attempted to put a sad expression on my face but failed.

"You're annoying. I'm going to go to the bathroom with you just so I know that you won't sneak away and get food without me, cuz that would hurt."

"Fine, only because you could be my knight in shining armour, just incase I get snatched by someone." I sarcastically stated.

"Shut up and let's go." Hope smirked.

I pretended to act like I was just shot, holding my hands to my chest, which made a chuckle come out of Hopes mouth. After going to the bathroom, Hope and I stopped at McDonalds and got a coffee and a burger.

Hope and I were going from London to Sweden first, then Sweden to Austria and a whole bunch of other places. We wanted our flights to be comfortable, so we booked first class.

"Flight 452, handicapped and disbabled people may start boarding the plane. Thank you." The lady on the intercom said.

All the disabled people started to board the plane, so Hope and I started to gather our stuff together. About 10 minutes later, after all the handicapped people boarded the plane, the intercom went on again.

"Flight 452, first class may start boarding the plane, thank you."

Hope and I quickly grabbed our stuff and got in line to board the plane. I couldn't wait to take off so we could finally start our "adventure". I couldn't wait to eat special foods, see amazing places and meet amazing people.

Ring, ring, ring.

My thoughts were interrupted by my phone vibrating. Of course, it's my father.

"Hello?" I said.

"Hi sweetie, just called to check up on you. Is everything okay so far?" He asked.

"Yes, I'm fine..... we're waiting in line to board the plane, I have to go in a second."

"Well have a good flight. Did you find your terminal and gate alright?"

"Yeah, I found it pretty easily. It wasn't much of a walk. Hey, has aunt Louise given birth yet today?" I asked.

"Yeah, I got the call right after I dropped you and Hope off. It's a girl and her name is Hannah, I'm going to see them tomorrow night, I'll send you a photo of her when I visit."

"That's great, I can't wait to see a photo of her. Look dad, I gotta go, I'm about to board the plane. I'll call you when I land, love you."

"Make sure to call me. Love you too hon." he replied.

"Bye"

"Bye"

******

"Hello miss, may I have your ticket and passport please?" The lady behind the desk asked.

"Yeah, here it is." I replied while handing it to her. She then scanned my ticket and passport, then handed them back.

"Enjoy your flight." She said with a smile.

"Thank you."

Hope and I took our carry-on bag and started to make our way down the long corridor that lead to the plane. Once we arrived, a flight attendant greeted us and showed us where our seat was. We put our carry on bags in the compartment above our seats and finally sat down in our seats. Hope eventually fell asleep on me and I just sat there, listening to music, looking out the window at the clouds surrounding us.

This is where our journey begins.