𝗕𝗲𝗮𝗰𝗵 𝗗𝗮𝘆

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

"NO NO NO NO NO NOOOOO!!!!"

Lorelei watched with a smile as y/n eagerly dragged Kaeya and Diluc towards the water by their feet while the two young men tried to crawl away.

"Come on, the water is great!" y/n exclaimed with a happy little grin, "Give it a chance! You'll love it!"

Lorelei chuckled, "Hehe, a beach day was a very good idea Master Crepus!"

"Mhm." Crepus replied as he continued reading and Lorelei gave him a frown.

The man was holding a book. It must've been awfully interesting considering he'd been reading it all day long.

How to be a good parent was the name.

Lorelei deadpanned, "...eh...?"

Y/n laughed as her, Kaeya and Diluc were splashing around in the water.

"Ack! Y/n! No!" Diluc screeched when y/n jumped on his back.

"Haha~! Lorelei! Lorelei!" she exclaimed while clinging to a red faced Diluc.

Lorelei smiled brightly and waved, "Crepus? Aren't you gonna go into the water?"

"Hm? Oh, maybe later, just not now."

Lorelei scowled, "..."

Next thing Crepus knew, he'd been hit by a book on the back of his head and was being dragged towards the water by the foot.

"Y/n, stay right there! I wanna get a picture of this!" Kaeya chirped and Diluc panicked.

"K-Kaeya!" he shouted.

"Have fun~!!!"

"No! Damn it, Kaeya!!!"

Diluc was left standing with the water up to his chest while y/n chilled on his back.

He tensed when his friend hummed quietly, nestling her face into the crook of his neck.

He inhaled shakily, 'OH MY ARCHONS, SHE'S SO CLOSE, WHAT THE HELL-'

"Diluc?" y/n murmured.

"Yes?" he squeaked and mentally slapped himself for it, "Ahem, what is it?"

"Am I..." y/n hesitated.

Y/n hardly ever hesitated.

If there was something she wanted to say, she'd say it. She was always able to ask Diluc, Crepus, Kaeya and Lorelei anything.

Diluc turned his head a little to look at his friend, crimson eyes curious, "Y/n?"

She averted her gaze before finally locking eyes and smiling sheepishly.

"Nevermind. It's nothing." she assured him with some nervous laughter.

That was odd.

Usually she voiced her thoughts without hesitation.

Both y/n and Diluc flinched when they heard a clicking noise and looked over to Kaeya who held a kamera.

"Hehe, you two love birds are just so cute." Kaeya said with a little grin.

The damn photo.

"KAEYAAA!!!!" Diluc shouted, sprinting out of the water and after Kaeya.

Y/n lost her grip on him and fell into the water with a yelp which was drowned out by the splash.

Her eyes fluttered open as she was submerged, bubbles floating up around her on all sides.

'Oh...' y/n's eyes sparkled, 'Pretty.'

The water was very pretty.

So very pretty.

The dragon girl's e/c eyes softened a litte as she wonder, 'I wonder if Diluc thinks I'm pretty too...'

Her last conversation with Dottore reallyyyy got her thinking a bit.

Like seriously, how was he so good at getting her to think about stuff she usually paid no mind too.

"No scars, huh?"

"Nope~!"

Y/n was unbothered, completely trusting Dottore not to hurt her as he observed her arm which had originally been...

Well...

Pretty 🚚ed up.

'Those monsters were super tough.' y/n thought warily as she recalled the burning sensation of pain, 'I'm glad Mister Lord Sir gave me that medicine to help. I even healed faster too!'

The h/c haired young lady blinked in surprise when the Harbinger pat her head, smiling at her, "You're healing faster than before, y/n! Looks like our hard work paid off, hm?"

Y/n's eyes lit up, "Really?"

Dottore nodded, "Now, you said there was something you wanted to discuss with me."

"Ah, well, I wanted to stop fighting." y/n stated.

"Oh? Is there a particular reason?"

Y/n nodded, "Mhm! My gift is all ready and my loved ones are very worried for me. I don't want to worry them anymore!"

"Is that so..."

He'd let her go quite easily, thanking her for her help and assuring her that her assistance had helped him plenty.

But he'd said something.

Something...

"Your loved ones, huh? I'm guessing you've got someone special waiting at home for you. Go on home, I'm sure they'd be happy to see your face."

Y/n's face heated up a little, 'Does Diluc like to see my face? Or does he think I'm scary?'

She popped out of the water to find Lorelei trapping Crepus in a head lock while Kaeya laughed at them and snapped more pictures.

Y/n ducked under the water a little, trying not to laugh at the silly scene.

What a lovely beach day.

Later on, after they'd returned home, y/n sat on her bed with a thoughtful expression.

Y/n had questions. So so many questions.

But she had no idea how to ask.

How did she ask???

'Diluc's birthday is tomorrow.' she realized, thinking of the gift she'd safely tucked away.

The dragon girl smiled with glee, unaware that her tail was back and wagging happily.

'Tomorrow will be a very good day!' She told herself, 'I should sleep so it gets here quicker.'