The Beginning

Hehe, I'm back with another story! I decided to write this one because I LOVE this AU and there weren't enough for me to read so I decided to write one :)) We're going to ignore that I'm also writing another story at the same time as this one,, haha.... :,)

I was going to wait until I had more chapters finished to post or at least got to a good point in my other story, but then I was like "I have to post something for Thanksgiving!!" and this is all I had so...

Anyway, enjoy, and happy Thanksgiving!

_________________

"Bakugou, watch out!" Shouto shoved him away at the last second, the villain's blast hitting him dead on. Immediately, a fuzzy heat began to envelop his body, and Shouto staggered a little. What...?

His vision began to blur, and as he tried to take a step forward, he tripped over...something, falling forward and barely catching himself from smacking his face into the concrete. Distantly, he could hear what sounded like Bakugou shouting and numerous explosions, but he wasn't quite certain. Everything sounded muffled and far away.

Realizing he had closed his eyes, Shouto cracked them open and winced at the glaring light that struck his eyes. He tried to move his hand to shield his face, but his limbs wouldn't respond. And so, he laid there helplessly, trying to gather the coordination and strength to move a single inch. Predictably, it remained out of his reach.

He didn't know how long he floated there in that endless limbo, thoughts sluggish and sticky, but after what seemed like a lifetime, a figure came into view. They were blurry and looked more like a vague shadow than a person, but Shouto was too out of it to recognize any potential danger. The heat was starting to get uncomfortable, tingling at his fingertips try as he might to negate the feeling with his ice.

And then - and then the person touched him, and he felt a wave of coolness wash over him. He heard someone sigh - was that him? - and his thoughts cleared slowly. He opened his eyes (when had they closed again?), just to lock eyes with the one and only Bakugou Katsuki. Bakugou was touching the side of his face, his hand a gentle caress against his cheek, before he was pulling away abruptly to stand and look away from Shouto. Shouto thought he saw a tear, but when he glanced at Bakugou again it was gone. Shouto huffed at himself. It was probably just his muddled brain; Bakugou would never cry over him.

Shouto struggled to sit up, but at least his body was responding to him again, and he spared a glance around at his surroundings. He couldn't help the hitch in his breath when he saw the destruction - the bruised and burned villain slumped against a nearby wall, the mounds of debris that were scattered generously around the scene. Shouto couldn't tell if the cause had been Bakugou or the villain.

"Bakugou, what - what happened?" Shouto croaked, his throat suddenly parched. Bakugou huffed, but he didn't meet Shouto's eyes.

"I took out the stupid villain because your shitty ass decided to go and take a hit that was meant for me. I didn't need your protection!" Bakugou was looking at him now, his angry glare drilling into Shouto. Right, Shouto remembered. He had pushed Bakugou out of the way of the villain's attack.

"Oh," he said simply. When he tried to stand, a wave of dizziness overtook him, and he flopped back onto his rear.

"Tch, don't strain yourself, dumbass. You just got blasted to Hell and back by some shitty villain like the idiot you are, so you should just sit there and wallow in your defeat." Bakugou kicked at a rock, eyebrows furrowed. Shouto smiled. Despite the multitude of swears and insults that riddled Bakugou's words, he knew he was just showing his worry in his own way. It was sweet.