𝗕𝗲𝗲𝗻 𝘁𝗵𝗿𝗼𝘂𝗴𝗵 𝘄𝗼𝗿𝘀𝗲

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

"Master Crepus?"

"Hm?"

"Is is just me or..."

Lorelei stopped speaking, pausing to listen to the familiar sound of y/n entering the manor and trudging on upstairs.

"...has y/n been acting off lately?"

Crepus narrowed his eyes, "No... I've noticed it to... she's been looking a little tired too."

Lorelei also narrowed her eyes, "That's pretty suspicious... any ideas, Master Crepus?"

"Maybe she's overworking herself?"

"Mm, that's a possibility."

...

"I'll go check on her." the two said in unison, then gave each other glares.

"But Master Crepus? Don't you have work to be doing?" Lorelei asked with a menacing smile, "I can go talk with her instead."

Crepus returned the smile with an equally ominous smile, "Ah, but I've just finished."

...

The duo darted for the door but Lorelei made it first, slamming the door behind her as she practically flew up the stairs.

She skidded to a halt outside y/n's room and carefully knocked on the door with a, "Y/n? May I come in?"

"Hm? Sure!"

Lorelei peeked into the room and y/n huddled up on her bed, wrapped up in blankets. She looked very comfy.

Y/n gave Lorelei a bright smile, "Heyo! Did you need something Miss Lorelei?"

'UGH, ADORABLE-!!!' Lorelei thought, feeling as though she'd been shot by an arrow, "I just wanted to check on you. You've been looking a little tired lately..."

"Oh, really? That's normal." y/n said with a nod, "Nothing some sleep can't fix."

"You usually don't need to sleep much."

"Ah, yes, that's true. But I've had to heal really quickly recently so I need to sleep more-" y/n paused, "...oop."

"Y/n-"

"I-It's nothing!" y/n said quickly, smiling nervously, "Nothing to worry about, heh..."

The dragon girl watched carefully and Lorelei wandered closer and let out a squeak when the woman grabbed the blanket and ripped it away from her.

"Y/n!!!"

"It's not that bad...! I don't think-"

"What happened to you?"

Y/n was avoiding eye contact as Lorelei held her arm, trying to figure out where tf these big 🍑 cuts came from.

They were clearly new and due to the size of them, they were healing rather slow.

If y/n required energy to heal up quickly... and she looked rather sleepy, she must have a lot more of those-

"I fell." y/n said quickly.

"Y/n, you don't fall and get injuries like these!" Lorelei said sharply.

"I've been through worse so don't worry about it!" y/n chirped with a warm smile, "They'll heal up in no time so it's fine!"

Lorelei watched, speechless as y/n retrieved her blanket and wrapped herself up in it again. She didn't fail to notice the blood stains on it, which implied that the dragon girl had way more injuries than Lorelei got to see.

Poor baby :(

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

Y/n refused to utter another word about her injuries, especially after they fully healed and there was nothing left to prove their existence.

Thankfully, Crepus believed Lorelei when she told him about what she saw.

Lorelei gave the responsibility of finding out wtf happened to y/n to Crepus since he'd probably be able to find out quicker.

And he did!

"I'm almost done with Diluc's birthday gift!" y/n was saying as she tossed a box from hand to hand, e/c eyes bright.

"Is that so? What's the gift?" Crepus asked, "Careful with the box, y/n."

"Hm? Okey!" y/n chimed, "And the gift... the gift is the best gift of all gifts!"

"?"

"A bracelet!" y/n hummed, "The bracelets are super expensive, especially with one of the materials used to make it come from a suuuuuuper far away place! And another deep down underwater!"

"Sounds like a really special gift." Crepus commented and y/n nodded happily.

"It is, but since it's for Diluc... it's worth it." y/n replied simply, "All the blood, sweat and tears!"

"What."

"What?"

Y/n and Crepus stared at one another before y/n continued, "Mister Lord Sir was nice enough to help me get all of the materials I needed. For free too. Now, all I need to do is put it together! Which will require some mora."

The h/c haired dragon girl paused as though choosing her next words carefully before shrugging and stating, "Mora is surprisingly easy to get when you're as strong as I am."

"Y/n, have you been fighting?"

"Yes."

Y/n didn't hesitate to explain the situation to Crepus who scolded her and gave her a long list of reasons of why she shouldn't be doing that 💩.

So here's the thing...

For those who don't already know, Mister Lord Sir is just Il Dottore.

And, uh...

He basically paid our lovely dragon friend to beat up some weird looking monsters in some underground arena.

Y/n didn't really mind since any injuries she recieved healed up quickly and the things she fought were rather easy to beat up.

But now that y/n thought about it... all those other participants she chatted with would just disappear.

How strange.

The h/c haired girl decided to just stop and tell Dottore about her decision later.

She had enough mora now anyways.