𝐱𝐱. ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ғᴇᴇʟɪɴɢ

20 : A Bad Feeling

20 : A Bad Feeling

LOGAN WATCHED AS ALEC BEGAN TO GET DRESSED, WINCING EVERY NOW AND AGAIN

LOGAN WATCHED AS ALEC BEGAN TO GET DRESSED, WINCING EVERY NOW AND AGAIN. The Fae was sad to see his mate leave, but he would bite his tongue for now. 

Though his brows pinched when he saw the conflicted look on Alec's face when he stared down at his Volturi crest. He had been quiet ever since they had taken a break - relishing in the afterglow of their lovemaking. 

"Prince? What troubles you?" Logan propped his head up, raising a brow ever so slightly. 

The vampire before him bit his lip. God Alec wants to tell him, but how could he betray the people that saved him? How could he betray his family like that?

But, wasn't Logan his family now?

"Alec." Arms were wrapped around his waist and soft lips grazed the shell of his ear. "What's the matter?" 

Alec took a deep breath and let out a sigh. "It's just this mission is taking up a lot of my time is all."

Logan smiled and titled his head - kissing Alec's temple before pulling away to get dressed as well. "Well it will be over soon and you will be back here before you know it." 

But Alec didn't return the smile as he watched Logan slide a shirt over his broad shoulders and back. He feared that when he came back after the battle, those strong shoulders would be bruised and that more scars would cover Logan's god-like body. 

Finally, he gathered the courage to tell Logan, but just as he was about to tell him - Alec's phone rang. 

"It's Jane." Alec sighed as he slid his cloak back on. "I need to leave." 

Though before he could leave, Logan pulled him towards him. The Fae looked down at Alec with a soft grin and then he connected their lips - though Alec didn't return the kiss with as much passion as Logan gave. 

"I love you, Alec." Alec froze staring up at the Fae with wide eyes, and Logan merely smiled - brushing his bangs back from his ruby eyes. "You don't have to say it back - but I want you to remember that."

The Fae pulled away to slide on his shoes. "Mom is gonna be here later today - she's excited to meet you. Be warned she-" But Alec cut him off, causing Logan's brows to furrow. 

"I'll be back soon." And with that Alec was gone, leaving Logan to frown after him. 

'Something isn't right.' Logan thought, but he didn't get too much time to think about it before his phone rang as well. 

LOGAN SMILED AS HIS MOTHER KISSED HIS CHEEK

LOGAN SMILED AS HIS MOTHER KISSED HIS CHEEK. Astrid had come as soon as she heard about the danger her little warrior was in. Kyle was there as well - talking with Alice about fashion. 

"Oh my little warrior, it is so good to see you." Astrid smiled, her electric blue eyes shining with love as she looked at her son. "I am also excited to meet your kindred, is he here?"

"No, he had some things to attend to - but you can meet him after tomorrow." Logan smiled at his mother and the female Fae nodded in understanding.

"Of course, I can not wait." Then her expression turned serious as she turned to Carlisle. "What shall be my position tomorrow?"

"You'll be with Bella, Edward, and Seth. Kyle," At the sound of his name the brunette Fae turned to look at the good doctor. "Sam asks that you stay with the imprints as a precaution. Also, keep an eye on Charlie. He will be on the reservation with Billy according to Bella."

"You got it, Doc." Kyle winked before he went back to talking to Alice.

Logan stayed silent, and Astrid frowned. "Logan? Is something the matter?"

"I'm worried about Alec, he's acting funny." The Fae frowned, and his mother merely gave a gentle grin - reaching up to rub his cheek.

"He is probably worried about you, my love," Astrid murmured before leaning up to kiss the side of his face. "It will all work out and everything will be okay."

But, Logan didn't feel the same way as his mother - something felt wrong.

Horribly wrong.  

OOOOOOOO! Only four more chapters until Part Three and the next chapter is the Newborn Battle. I hope you guys are ready. 

Love,
Drea.