𝐯𝐢𝐯. ǫᴜɪᴇᴛ ᴄᴏɴᴠᴇʀsᴀᴛɪᴏɴs

𝐍𝐢𝐧𝐞 : Quiet Conversations[ sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ]

[ sʜᴏʀᴛ ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ]

ALEC HAD NOT SAID A WORD AS THEY RETURNED TO FORKS

ALEC HAD NOT SAID A WORD AS THEY RETURNED TO FORKS. Instead he chose to look out the window, with his arms crossed over his chest. Logan understood his silence and left him be, deciding it was best to let the vampire wrap his head around everything.

Then his mate spoke up from where he sat in the car that Logan was driving. "What did Aro mean by king of the Faes?"

Alice, Bella, and Edward were in a separate car, while the Fae had deemed it more appropriate for him and Alec to ride together as they made their way from Seattle to Forks.

"It is exactly how it sounds. I am the King of the Fae's - of course I have a council to help govern and rule everything, I can't do it all by myself." Logan answered, casting a smile towards the brunette beside him.

"And the human, Bella, she is your-"

"She's my brother's daughter. When she told me of her and Alice's suicide mission - I deemed it best to go with her, and I am glad I did." Alec nodded, biting his lip.

Logan was surprised by Alec's behavior. He always heard of the youngest Witch Twin to be cold and arrogant, not bashful and nervous. But, he supposed that he merely put up a facade, much like Logan had to do before his people.

"Does your brother know about our world?" The next question was shot at him, and the ravenette could hear the real question.

"Does he know about Vampires?"

Logan took a breath and pulled into a road that led into the woods. "He knows what I am, he knows about shifters - and I am sure he knows a little about vampires. But, he won't say anything - because he would be putting me in danger as well. And he is under my people's protection as well."

"I see." Alec murmured, then his brows furrowed as he watched the trees blur by. "Where are we going?"

"I have a living space in a cave not too far from here. I figure that would be easier for you - and I don't want to explain to my cop brother why I have a seventeen-year-old living with us." Logan smirked when Alec frowned, his lips pulling into a pout.

"I am over 1,000 years old."

"Yes, but you look 18 and I am 37 - physically 30. It would be too hard to explain." Logan gave Alec a pointed look and the brunette relented, choosing to look back at the woods.

"You live in a cave?" Logan chuckled when Alec muttered under his breath about him being a caveman.

"You'll see."