Prologue

*Ten years ago*

Paulina's POV

"Pablo stop" I giggled as my best friend tickled me. He stopped and looked into my eyes "You're the most prettiest girl I've ever seen" he said to me. I blushed and said "your eyes are more prettier, I could stare at them all day." "You're my mate, I just know it, you have to be my mate." "I have a feeling you're my mate as well." "So I guess that means I can do this: he leaned in and pecked me on the lips. My eyes widened. For a six year old, a peck on the lips was a big deal. It was short but felt amazing, and the sparks, I felt the sparks. D-did you feel the sparks too?"I ask shyly. He looked at me in surprise. Y-yea, I felt them, that means you are my mate" He looked at me happily. "We should go tell out parents" I exclaim excitedly. We ran out of the playroom and up the stairs and into the kitchen where our parents were along with Rafael, his parents and Pablo's twin, Charlotte. "MOM! DAD! PABLO AND I ARE MATES!" I yelled excitedly. They all looked at me shocked. "Paulina, you won't know who your mate is until you're 16" my mom said. "You're mom's right, you're mate could be Rafael for all we know." said my dad. "EW!" I yelled in disgust. Rafael looked at me shocked at my reaction to the suggestion that he could be my mate. "Rafael can't be my mate, he's mated to Charlotte" I stated matter factly. Charlotte's eyes widened. "Okai woah, how would you know they're mates?" asked my mother, her eyebrow raised. "I don't know I just have a feeling they're mates, same with me and Pablo" I said. Pablo, who'd been quiet since me got here, spoke up and said ""It's true, Paulina's my mate, I felt the sparks". Our parents looked at us skeptically, "Mmmm I don't know...... I guess we'll have to wait till you guys turn 16" Said my mother. "Fine, but you'll see that I'm right" I say.