Prologue

Angelique dressed up to meet her fiancé Marco. She was dressed with one of her favorite flowery, purple, round neck dress and paired it with her comfortable black rubber shoes.

She checked herself in front of the mirror and scan how she looked like.

Having a small oval shaped face, thin eye brows, almond shaped eyes, reddish lips and a little bit pointy nose? Everybody called her a beauty and she just shrugged it off.

Well, being beautiful has its advantage and one of them is everything she matched up on her feet is unnoticeable since it suits her.

"Hey,  aren't you finished yet?" Marco knocked on her bedroom door and his face looked irritable as he look at her back.

"Almost finished! I just need to put some make up on and a lipstick!" She grinned.

Marco's very impatient in everything since his a businessman.

Angelique squished in to his muscled arms in no time. "Are you testing my patience, my love?" She was pressed with the mirror on her back and a table as her chair.

Their face are only inches away from each other and it made her heart pound faster.

Well, it's not the first time that she teases him and he will always be a gentleman and he won't let anything to happen between them until they get married.

Angelique chuckled. "Fine! I'll let you put the makeup on my face."

Marco grabbed the press powder from the drawer on the right; lightly tap the cotton pad onto her face until he looked at her with satisfaction.

"There! Just put your lipstick and eye liner on your bag and we're good to go!"

Angelique just eyed him while he did what he said.

A few seconds after, Marco is driving away from her small apartment in San Francisco.

"Where are we going?" She tried to broke the silence because she felt restless.

Marco put down the window on her side. "You should relax, sweetheart. A cool breeze of the wind would let you relax."

Angelique closed her lips. She didn't told him what are her fears and what makes her restless. She didn't want to be in a closed space because she's claustrophobic and she didn't want to tell him her past while they were on the road just to keep the conversation going.

She felt the butterflies on her tummy are wiggling around and it make her dry coughing. To prevent herself on puking, she drank some water and closed her eyes.

A slight tap on her face made her open her eyes again.

"Goodmorning, sleepy head! We are here in Roseville, Sacramento! You were asleep for one hour and thirty seven minutes."

Marco offer his hand and when she accepts it, he didn't let a second pass by to entertwined their fingers together before he kissed the back of her palm.

"In case anything happens inside my parents house, just remember that my love for you won't fall easily, okay?" His eyes got gloomy all of a sudden as if he was expecting that something might happen.

"Why? Is there anything I need to know before we go inside?" She smiled and pursed her lips together to keep herself from asking more.

"Oh, no! I just want to let you know. Aren't you tired of hearing I love you, yet?" He grinned, he pulled her waist towards his lower body and got a peck of her lips. "Advanced kiss. I know I won't be able to do it for quite some time."

"As if you won't see me again!"

A woman around twenty two years old came out of the house. She's hopping and walking at the same time until she gradually put both of her hands to encircle Marco's neck and kissed him on the lips!

A tingling sensation hit Angelique's chest with the sight. She closed her eyes and slowly turn around to pretend she's busy looking at the multi-color flowers nearby.

"Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't know you had accompany. I shouldn't have kissed you on the lips!"

"Come on, Kelly! I told you to always watch your actions. We're not teenagers anymore and--"

"I love the flowers here. Who's maintaining them?"

Marco pursed his lips. He's sure that Angelique saw his best friend kissed him. And Kelly fueled the fire even more. He knew he'd be in trouble later.

"It's me maintaining all you can see on this land from that land!" Kelly boastly said while her face had a huge smile on it. "I'm Kelly, by the way." She put her left arm on Marco's arm. "Marco's long time best friend and childhood crush."

"Hey, that's foul! You said you liked me first?"

Angelique's face dimmed as she were looking on their smiling faces while teasing each other. Both of them looked familiar with each other unlike her who only knew him for the past six months. Her relationship with Marco might get ruined but theirs will always last.

Drowning on her thoughts, she swayed her arm in response when someone touch her left arm.

"Is there something wrong, sweetheart? Why the long face?"

"I-I just missed my best friend Reeve by just looking at you two. I haven't saw him for the last three years." Her eyes got teary but she managed not to let it run down on her cheeks.

"Would you like to get something first? Or would you like me to tour both of you to the falls?"

Kelly's enticing smile made Angelique decide to give herself another chance, knowing it's her fiancé's best friend.

They turned left on the pathway and cold breeze of the wind coming from the mountains nearby welcomed Angelique. The grassy scent filled her lungs as she scan her eyes around the green scenery.

At first, Angelique disregarded Kelly as she sang a classical music. She is walking backwards facing Marco, slowly resting her right hand on his neck and let her hands slide from his chest up to his waist before she will pull him near her body.

The tingling sensation on her chest began to tighten little by little as Angelique prevent herself from smashing Kelly's face on the ground.

She continue to breathe in and out until she finish counting up to ten but her patience suddenly ripped apart when Kelly kissed Marco on her lips twice while her eyes are fixated on her.

She had the nerve of kissing my man? Oh, please! Her voice sounds like a can pounding with hammer!

Angelique gathered her wits and self confidence to hum and sing a classical baroque music as she passed by on both of them while impersonating how Kelly hops in.

"Wow! I didn't know you're a good classical vocalist, sweetheart!"

She hop around the two of them while grinning, humming and enjoying what she's afraid to do for a long time.

When Angelique reaches the highest note, her voice suddenly got out of the tune. She saw how Kelly laugh so hard and Marco's brows are curved upward like he's expecting for more.

She tried to continue the song but no words came out of her lips as she continue to speak. She can't even hear her own voice!

"Marco, I..I.."

Angelique panicked and she didn't know what to do! How will she get her voice now when her doctor said that if her Aphasia is back, it will be hard for her to recover again?

She run towards where they came from. She won't let them laugh at her again, ever!