The Ceremony.

A cool breeze wafted in through the open window. The silvery pool of moonlight flowed in and slid over the tiled floor, stretching to the other end of the small bathroom. A steady hum of noise could be heard out the window as crowds gathered for the ceremony.

Hardened hands gripped the edge of the sink tightly, the only indication of Siya's nerves. Her heart beat steadily, even breathing, collected face. As Siya stared at her reflection in the mirror, she noticed the scars which decorated her face and neck had healed better than anticipated. Faint red lines that had formerly been large gashes were the last physical reminders of their battle.

The marks, which could easily be hidden, were worn with pride. They would be healed soon enough, no longer a visible reminder.

A sharp knock on the door took Siya out of her train of thought. Releasing her grip on the sink, she wiggled her fingers to gain the feeling back before addressing the Beta, Renald, who she sensed stood outside.

"It is almost midnight," he informed, holding up his characteristic pocket watch as proof. Siya nodded, running a hand through her auburn mane. "Are you ready?"

"I am as ready as I can be."

"Remember, Siya, we made a deal. They are no longer the enemy." His hands came to rest on her shoulders as he sought to comfort her as best he could. It was no secret that Siya wasn't thrilled to be directing the ceremony, but it was her responsibility as Alpha.

"They have not proven that." She snapped, straightening her shoulders and brushing off Renald's touch.

He ignored her body language and cupped her face, holding her eyes steady with his own. "You cannot hold this mentality. Those that were enemies are gone. These are new people; your people. Welcome them as such."

She nodded, closing her eyes and inhaling. A moment of silence passed. Siya listened to her own breathing, matching it with that of her Beta. Opening her eyes, she met his warm ones with a curt nod. "Please lead the way, Beta."

His hands fell from her face and Renald nodded, turning and guiding the Alpha through the hallway and outside to the stage where the ceremony would take place.

Large glass doors soon became the one thing separating her and 168 pairs of foreign grey eyes, along with 200 pairs of familiar electric blue eyes. Her wolves were arranged around the foreigners, as if blocking any opportunity to escape. Almost every member in her pack sat outside in the lawn, albeit not all looked comfortable. Her eyes furrowed at that thought.

The 168 foreigners sat unphased on metal chairs directly in front of the podium she would walk out to. Siya noticed through the glass that none of them spoke, nor did they look particularly delighted to be in their position.

Ungrateful.

Renald was right; she needed to push these prejudice thoughts out of her mind.

Taking one more deep breath, Siya pushed open the glass doors and stepped out before the crowd. Her own wolves howled at her presence, but Siya's eyes were trained on the newcomers'. She found herself surprised as each bowed their heads at her arrival.

"Good evening, my family." She opened with a smile as her eyes moved to all the familiar wolves in her surroundings. Siya felt herself relaxing as she laid eyes on each wolf, reaching out to all of them with her mind and soul. "We are blessed tonight with clear skies and soft winds for this special occasion."