Unbroken Promise

You tried not to act it bothered you, keep on repeating everything will okay. You withdrew a shaking breath, as your anxiety weighted heavier on you. You couldn't do anything, knowing he had to go. You held his hand tight, tears threatening to spill from your (E/C) eyes. You sniffle, looking down at the ground, trying to keep up with his pace. 'It's okay... He'll be okay... Don't be upset' you thought, your cheek getting wet from the small tear. Your chest aching, your heart wanting to cry, knowing you're not okay. 

You stopped, your hand falling to your side, as tears flowed down your cheeks like a broken dam. 

"I-I don't want you to go," you crooked between tears, covering your face with the palm of your hands. 

He pulled you close to his chest, his hands running through your hair. 

"I know my love," he whispered, his voice creaking from the tears building up. 

"I'm scared... W-What if you-" you muttered, not wanting to finish your sentence. 

All you wanted was to way in his arms, to feel his warm against your smooth skin, to wake up to see his sleeping face every morning. All you wanted... was for him to stay here with you. He was the first to steal your heart and the last to keep it, which made every second harder and harder to bare. 

Lifting the bottom of your chin with his thumb, he stared into your tearful (E/C) orbs. 

"Do you remember that promise we made?" he asked, wiping away your tears. 

~Flash Back~ 

The sounds of peaceful chirping of crickets, and the smell of rose buds fill your senses, as you close your eyes. 

"It's always so beautiful here," you said, feeling two strong arms wrapped around your torso. 

"Yes, and you just enhance it's features," Arthur said, leaning his chin against the top of your head. 

You blush and turn around, placing your hands against his hard broad chest. 

"I need to show you something," he said nervously, while lacing his fingers between yours and taking off. 

"E-Eh! Where are we going?" you asked, looking up at his green eyes. 

Smiling back, he said," It's a surprise~" 

Excitement and nervousness started to form in the pit of your stomach, while following behind his fast pace. Once you approached your destination, you started to make out a garden will beautiful colors. 

"Oh wow... Arthur this is beautiful," you said in awe, as the both of you lied down against the warm soft grass. 

You rolled your body onto Arthur's, smiling down at his face. 

"This was a wonderful surprise," you said, kissing the tip of his nose with your soft lips. 

"I have something else I want to show you," he said sounding nervous. 

"Oh?" you questioned, titling your head to the side. 

"Close your eyes," he said, grabbing your left hand. 

Once your eyes were closed, you felt something cold slip onto your finger. Opening your eyes, you stared a diamond ring wrapped around your ring finger. 

"Would you do me the honor of-" he began, before getting interrupted by your constant yeses. 

You wrap your arms around his neck, feeling the overwhelming sense of joy. 

"Nothing will separate us, promise?" he asked, kissing your forehead. 

"Promise," you said, laying your head back on his chest. 

~Flash back end~ 

"Y-Yes," you whimpered, your cheeks flushed from your crying. 

"I'm not going to ever break that promise," he said, smiling softly at you before passionately kissing your lips. 

As the train came to a screeching halt, you felt his warmth leave you as he kissed you good-bye. 

You tried your best to smile, but all you could do stare back at him, before his figure slowly vanished into the crowd. You held your hand across your chest whispering," I'll wait for you... even if it takes a centuries"