One shot

It started a s a good morning but it shouldn't end that way. Today was a pretty big day. Josh had birthday and Ginny wanted to suprise him.

Ginny woke up in her lovers arms. Josh had a steady protective hold on her as he always had. Usually Josh was the first one to wake up but Ginny has set up an alarm clock for today, So she had enough time to set up everything. She undid herself from Josh's grip and stood up from their bed.

They have been together since about 2 years. They soon had their anniversary. Both were really excited to be able to have each other. Josh usually cooked for them, he was a great cook. Ginny couldn't say this about herself she always burned something up and was really clumsy. As she was walking to the kitchen she said hello to her little fur friends.

‚So Josh loves Cake so what should I do?' she thought.
‚Okay Im going basic with chocolate.' she took the ingredients and smashed everything together.
It was pretty good. So she went to the oven and turned it up so it could warm up. She didn't see that the paper box with fries was still laying in their oven.

In warming up progress she thought she could clean a bit and make everything ready. As she went to the kitchen she thought she could take the cake now in the oven as she wanted to do this she saw a flame and panicked.

‚Fuck what should I do now?? What should I do now.' she thought.

The biggest mistake she made in this situation was that she oppened the oven. As she did this the air was just helping the flame to grow more.

‚This can't be happening...' it could have been just a few seconds but the kitchen was already full with smoke. She couldn't breath and couldn't see where she was going. And because she panicked her panic attack grew. She knew this was it. This was the end for her. She was coughing and breathing uncontrollably.

She sank to her knees and was trying to hold herself up by her arms. As this wasn't helping anymore and she just got to much smoke in her lungs she gave up.

‚Josh!' she screamed, coughing. ‚Josh, help. Please Josh come here!!' she was weak a lot weaker than 20 second ago. She didn't tried to call him anymore she just laid down and slowly closed her eyes.

*5 mins later*
Josh woke up. He had this bad feeling in his chest. Something had happened. As he was opening his eyes he couldn't believe it, everywhere was smoke.
‚What is happening?' he thought, beginning to cough from all the smoke that was around him.

Today was his birthday he would be 35 now. But he couldn't understand what was going on. On instinct he turned to ginny's side to ask her and hold her close to him in case something bad happened around them. But to his fear she wasn't there. He sprung up.

He was always the first one to wake up so why wasn't ginny around him. Or even sleeping next to him. Something was terrible wrong.

‚Ginny? Baby? Babe? Are you there?' he asked. ‚Hey! Ginny where are you? Are you on the toilet?' he asked again now with worry in his voice. As he was walking he heard his cats telling him to come.

Their miau was loud and furious. So he ran in the direction where it came from and he was suddenly standing in the kitchen. He just saw a little bit of what they're kitchen was. But he saw that the smoke came from their oven. Weird he was the only one that backed. As he went to their furry babies he saw something laying on the ground.

He coudln't believe what he saw it was taking his breath away. ‚No. No. No. No. Ginny, Ginny!!!'. He kneed himself next to her and shaked her. ‚Baby can you hear me? What are you doing? What are you doing here?' he was frantic this was supposed to be a happy day for him.

He had his love by him and he had his family coming back from their vacation meeting them today. He took his phone and called 911. They told him they were on their way. He couldn't really breath in the smoke. As he was turning he saw their fur babies.

‚Oh my god. Cmon I have to take you out of here.' he didn't want to let ginny here but he knew that ginny wanted their kitten safe. So he took them both and ran them out of their house in the garden. He put them on the ground and was happy that they seemed okay.

Then he ran back to the love of his life. He was giving  her kisses trying to give her clear air to breath. Her heart was beating but just a slow beat. ‚Baby you have to hang on okay? I need you here. You made me the happiest, I've ever been. You can't die now. Not today, not tomorrow or even before me. We didn't even started a family yet. We have so much ahead of us. You cant leave me behind. Don't you dare do that to me. Gin please I love you so much.'

he didn't cry often but this was really a time to cry. He couldn't understand what leant to this point. Just in this moment their bell rang.

‚Sir can you please open up?' they were knocking. He didn't really had the strength to stand up but he told himself this is for ginny. She has to be okay. She wouldn't leave him. He led the ambulance helper to her. They were taking her on the ambulance bed and told him that he could drive with them.

Her condition was critic. He sat down holding his hand cursing because he couldn't help her and just hold her hand. He saw how they were working on her.

They tried everything they could do. Everything he heard were frantic helper that were throwing confusing words around. His only focus laid on holding her hand praying to god that he didn't took this love from him.

As he was ending his prayer. His heart broke. This couldn't be how it end. The helper looked at him apologetic. He couldn't understand what they were trying to tell him. He was just seeing the flat line on her projector. His eyes welled up with tears. He couldn't feel anything.

This was all surreal. Hours ago he was just talking to her and now he would never be able ho hear her voice. Smell her perfume on her. Laugh with her about their jokes they made up. His birthday was slowly but steady growing to the worse day in his life. The helper didn't do anything more. They were just sad that they lost another life today.

*an hour later*
The fireworkers did everything in their power to save their home. His home, he was alone now. The only thing that now left was their fur kitties. He couldn't feel anything. He should be by ginny's side. Holding her, kissing her forehead but now he was alone.

His family was still coming. He hadn't the heart to tell them that ginny is gone. He would do that in person. If he could bring himself to do it. He wasn't so sure of that. He wasn't sure of anything. He didn't even understand why ginny was baking for him in the first place. She never did this she always told him that she was just too clumsy.

As he was walking in his house or what was left a fireworker came to him and handed him a note.

‚you maybe want to have this.' he told him with sincerity in his voice. Josh took the note and the worker walked away. On the note there was ginny's handwriting.

‚Hey honey. I know I normally don't cook but because I wanted to bake you a cake I wanted to try it. I just want to let you know that I love you so much. I hope today will be your happiest day. I will celebrate it all day with you. I love you always.' it said on the note.

At this point josh was crying again. He said with pain in his voice. ‚i love you so much too baby forever and always. Please wait on me.'