i.

EMOTIONS

i. Being a slave - or rather a peasant - that has been living in the slums of the alleyway, you have been exposed to every horrible crime there is. 

Theft, slavery, fraud, you name it all and sometimes you participated in them. What can you say, you have to do all kinds of stuff just to survive. 

Beggars can't be choosers and sometimes they have no choice but to resort to committing crimes. Crimes that will lead them into dangerous situations that even lead to their own death. 

You have experienced it and what you have learnt after all these years, there is no place for emotions and that it's only nothing but a weakness. 

And for you to survive, you have to be strong. 

Your eyes that have seen so many horrible things are looking like a dead fish's eyes, your lips pulled into a thin line and your face kin into an emotionless doll.

You experienced betrayal, several times of torture when you get caught stealing, hunger and depression but you stayed strong through it all. 

You got used to it all and as time passed by, you got tired. 

Tired of feeling. 

ii. "You filthy wench! You think you can just get away after stealing from me?!" A guard wearing all black shouted at you, causing many eyes to stare at you. 

You just stood there with your arms restrained behind you by another guard with no emotions in your eyes whatsoever. 

You didn't care even if those people around you are whispering nasty things about you. 

Ranging from 'peasant', 'whore', 'waste of space' and 'thief'. 

You honestly don't care if these two will kill you right now. 

"Why aren't you saying anything?!" Suddenly, you felt a dull stinging sensation in your cheek and your head snapped to the left with the sheer strength the man used to hit you. 

You stayed silent and didn't show your pain. The guard once again got angry and you heard a sword unsheathing and the gasps of the people around you. 

Ah, this must be your end. 

You closed your eyes, waiting for your death but a baritone voice, silent but powerful, spoke. 

"Halt it." With those words, everyone was silenced. You raised your eyes to look at the man who spoke. 

E/C orbs met a pair of beautiful blood colored eyes. Silky ebony hair, pale skin, emotionless face, tall and charismatic. He was absolutely a dangerous man. 

"Restrain her, she'll be a new toy." 

Your heart skipped a beat when his eyes stayed locked with yours. He turned away and the guards he had with him shivered, immediately obeying his order. 

An Agriche.

A man devoid of emotions just like you.

iii. You were roughly thrown into a cell, your back painfully colliding at the hard wall but you didn't make any sound. 

The guard who you have stolen from clicked his tongue as he manhandled you, shackling your ankles, wrists and your neck with a cold metal chain that was bound against the wall. 

You tried to tug at it but a sudden pain made you stop, the chain.. The chain has a spell on it.

 It would be near to impossible to escape this cell, hell the whole place is full of psychopaths and the mansion is already a maze. 

"You deserve it wench, good luck on surviving. You won't last long. The young master would probably make you a food in the breeding grounds." The guard chuckled and you just stared at him. 

Honestly, despite not being afraid of death, the image of getting devoured alive by some kind of monster scared you a bit but your face didn't show it.

You refuse to show them any kind of emotion from you. 

"Hmm, probably not. With a face like that, maybe the young master would let you live a little bit longer." 

With that the guard left, leaving you alone at the dark place, bound by the cold chains. 

It was too quiet except by the occasional sound of water droplets falling down in a puddle a few feets to your left. 

You sighed, closing your eyes. There's no difference between closing your eyes or opening it with how dark the place is. 

You felt cold, your ragged clothes gave no protection and the cold chains gave no mercy whatsoever. 

It was quite lonely, different from the frequent chatters of the common folk. At least you weren't fully alone there unlike here, really alone.

Silent.

You pursed your lips, this place isn't like those places you've been before. It was easy to escape every prison you've been to but knowing fully well that you'll be messing with the Agriches themselves, it wouldn't be an easy feat.

But somehow, you'll have to manage.

Even if you don't have anything to come back to. You'll have to survive, you've already come this far, you aren't going to give up now.

You have to live, no matter what.

"Y/N isn't it?"