𝐂𝐑𝐀𝐍𝐄𝐒 𝐈𝐍 𝐓𝐇𝐄 𝐒𝐊𝐘

Love makes your soul crawl
out of its hiding place.

CRANES IN THE SKY
I. PENELOPE-MEI DAWSON, or as few know her as simply Mei, was far from the average cancer moon. Sagaciously sweet, Penelope gravitated to those who adored the ground she walked on like a moth to a flame, and for that she was forever grateful. Part-time waitress at her grandmother's diner by day and a poetic storyteller by night, the soon-to-be, twenty-five year old has learned to balance everything to make ends meet— though those ends weren't nearly enough. Penelope has learned this very early on through childhood. With a deceased mother who battled addiction and eventually succumbing to her illness, she is what you recount as a delicacy that is well hidden for the protection of her own. Her chances to experience life as a normal child became slim to none, causing Penelope to grow up fairly quickly within the heart of her home that reeked all things associated with death. The thought of happiness for a scorned woman was nonexistent and since her life wasn't broken, it didn't need fixing... so she thought.

II. YAHYA ABDUL-MATEEN II. That's the name. A remarkable and unequaled name belonging to a charming man who's presence spoke volumes for himself without a single word being conversed. The silver-spoon, Harvard graduate has never felt the need for anything that wasn't provided to him by the successful wealth of his mother and father. Yahya is authentic, genuine even with a heart of gold who desires to do good for the world and every human being in it— no matter how odd the circumstances are. A notable example of his community, Yahya vividly pursues and prides his passion as a criminal defense attorney in hopes of performing his due diligence in providing justice for those in need. The demand of Yahya's highly-sought career keeps him from lingering over the disturbing realities of his failed marriage, though he's learned to leave his past where it belonged. However, there was still something so meaningfully absent— that is until he encounter the sightings of the quietly-kept waitress at his favorite diner.

III. After a series of unfortunate mishaps between the two, it is revealed that being in one another's companionship ignites an unbeknownst spark of mystery. A good mystery, that is. What happens when Yahya and Penelope find themselves at the peak of their own personal traumas and turmoil due to a single untruth. Will faith allow them to prevail their relationship or are they both just cranes in the sky?

Love takes off the masks we
fear we cannot live without
and know we cannot live within.

S. KNOWLES as PENELOPE-MEI DAWSON
or MEI
—— • ——
sweet like a lauryn hill love song.

 KNOWLES as    PENELOPE-MEI DAWSONor   MEI—— • ——sweet like a lauryn hill love song

"Houston has always been home to me. The Fifth Ward is the demise of all the bad things I've experienced in my life."