CHAPTER 2. self purpose

The car ride would've been awfully awkward for Okkotsu

The car ride would've been awfully awkward for Okkotsu. After they arrived at their destination, he silently thanked Amaya. If it weren't for her trying to get to know him, Okkotsu would've been painfully sitting in the car between the two girls.

"Where are we?" Okkotsu asked.

The group of sorcerers walked pass an open, red entrance gate. Some feet away were multiple of flower beds that laid in front of the building's entrance. Amaya was in awe of the tulips that grew.

"This is just an elementary school," Gojo supported his arms behind his back. "Well, an elementary school where kids have gone missing."

"Missing!?" Okkotsu repeated.

"Schools are prime locations for curses. It probably manifested here naturally."

"W-were the kids attacked by a curse?"

"Yeah, two that we know of."

Maki chimed in, "Places with lots of memories tend to generate more curses. Schools. hospitals. People's negative emotions from those memories pile and result in curses."

Okkotsu quietly hummed. He wondered what kind of curses he must've caused to form. For years he was surrounded by his own negativity, drowning in it. His emotions must've formed something big.

"Exorcise the curse, rescue the kids, and retrieve the dead if there are any," Gojo ordered.

Amaya crossed her arms, "Let's hope there aren't any, especially if they're kids."

Gojo hummed in agreement, putting up two of his fingers. He recited, "Emerge from darkness, black or still. Purify that which is impure."

Pooling from the sky, dark blue began to droop down in a half cylinder around the school

Pooling from the sky, dark blue began to droop down in a half cylinder around the school. The female sorcerers kept on unaffected faces while Okkotsu gawked at the sight in front of him.

"The veil keeps jujutsu hidden from non-shamans," Amaya told him after his comment about it turning into night.

"Okay then," Gojo turned around and began to exit the curtain. He waved ominously, "Don't go dyin' on us now."