51 | Home

Chapter 51 : Home

A month after the shooting things were trying to go back to semi-normal. Ashley's wedding was a few days away and Omar and I had just moved into our new home. It was about 35 minutes away from the city in a nice rural suburban area, far but still close. I'd never stayed in such a nice neighborhood and it still felt unrealistic that this was now home.

It was a newly built two-story, 4 bedroom 2.5 bathroom modern family home. It was everything I'd ever dreamed of. Omar had closed on it before we even started dating but it somehow felt like it was meant for us and the family we were starting.

The outside of the home was a beautiful tan color with coffee brown colored trimming and a brick marble design to give it a more modern look. The inside consisted of tall ceilings, beautifully clear windows and perfectly shined wooden floors. It was perfectly designed and after the renovations being done were complete it would be everything.

I'd been trying so hard to focus on our new home and the new life we were beginning but I couldn't help but feel restless since his shooter still hadn't been caught. He got out of the hospital and made it his duty to make a full recovery and move us out of the city but I still couldn't just pretend it didn't happen.

The movers arrived early that morning and brought in all of the furniture we'd ordered for the house. It had been a challenge finding things we both liked but finally we agreed on the pieces and had them delivered today.

"You can just sit that right there, it fits perfectly," I told the delivery team.

They were finishing up and placing down a black velvet plush sectional couch in the living room facing the fireplace. It was the last piece of furniture which relieved me because I had been dying for a couch since moving in.

I'd been mostly in bed and grossly in our bathroom due to the terrible amount of morning sickness I was experiencing but today I woke up feeling a little bit of energy and relief. Today also marked the day that I was expected to be about 14 weeks pregnant so officially into the second trimester. I'm a curvy girl as I mentioned before so I still didn't have a noticeable bump but my gut was slightly bigger & I felt heavier for sure.

"You're all set ma'am," one of the delivery guys announced.

"Thank you so much, here's a tip," I replied handing over a $100 bill.

They thanked me and headed out the door. When I closed the door behind them I set the alarm and plopped down on the couch, it felt like heaven.

"They're finally gone huh?," Omar laughed, walking down the stairs.

"Yep. I didn't expect it to take them less than 5 hours we ordered a lot of shit," I chuckled.

"Ready for the wedding this weekend?," he asked sitting down next to me placing his right hand on my thigh.

"I am actually. I'm not feeling as sick physically anymore so I might actually make it all the way through it."

"I hope so. You're her maid of honor you gotta be there."

"I will be, even if it means running to the toilet every 5 minutes after the ceremony," I laughed.

He smiled and just stared at me in silence making me quiver.

"Um. Hey?"