CHAPTER THIRTY-NINE

_____

"Oh my~ I apologize for my insensitive words, your majesty." Surprisingly, Lady Cyranil seems unbothered nor unfazed at the commotion. Heck, I can't even see any horror dawning on her face!

Lord Hans decided to put a wedge between them to decrease the tension. "Pardon this young lady, my empress. She was insensitive with her words, but truthfully, she only wishes to give you a piece of advice—"

"Advice?" The latter seems offended that the Empress chose to cut his words. Her silver eyes stared at them, devoid of any emotions. "I did not give you all permission to blabber your mouths just to give me crap in a disguise of an advice, you vile scums."

Silence again. Now there is a heavy air around us, as if saying that we'll end up dead if we trigger the Empress even more. But still, I'm more worried about her hand!

She just broke a glass with one hand! Atleast be concerned about that before chatting about misunderstandings, fools!

"Your majesty, we understand that what I have said may be offensive, but truth be told! No wonders the heaven proclaimed you to be futile for his majesty, that even he had succumbed to your misfortune and is now sick in bed, unable to tend to his empire."

Lady Cyranil suddenly had such an authorative voice, gone the sweet and melodic voice she had earlier. I sealed my lips shut awkwardly, feeling a 2nd hand embarassment for this lady.

Huh, I never knew aristocrats would be this brave and shameless. Seriously, I don't know what to say. If I try to talk back, it will only worsen the situation, won't it?

"But I understand," before anyone can try to talk, the lady herself continued with a hurt expression, shedding crocodile tears. "I can adjust for her majesty, for she is the mother of our nation, and I'll reflect with what I said today."

"Lady Cyranil, it is entirely not your fault at all." Lord Hans comforted the young lady, before he sneakily glanced at the untroubled Empress. "Perhaps her majesty misunderstood your worry for humiliation."

Hm? Why does that seem to be relevant to what happened to me earlier?

I remained calm when I met eyes with him. "We must have shown such disgrace infront of the empire's crown prince. We deeply apologize." But before I can even make a humiliation out of myself, he glanced at Klydeur whom he directed his words.

My brother smiled politely. "It would be best to mind your words from now on."

"Yes, we shall bear that in mind, our crown prince."

I felt the stares of confusion coming from the nobles on my side as I maintained a blank professional look, before it immediately sank on their minds what the aristocrats are planning to do.

Before there could even be another war of words, I pulled out my white handkerchief, before walking towards the Empress.

"What—" before anyone can even ask anything, I held the bruised hand of Aureus, still bleeding from the glass, which made me frown a bit.

"Be careful next time, mama." I adviced Aureus while fixing the handkerchief tied on her hand. "There is no need to start a conversation with those who do not know their boundaries."