CHAPTER THIRTY-EIGHT

_____

After one problem comes another one. It was just awhile ago that I had a pleasant mother-and-son moments with Aureus, but now I'm debating to myself whether this is fine or not at all.

I would have thought of the situation as a normal scenario between a mother and a son. Obviously, whatever happens or may happen, Klydeur is still the Empress' 2nd son.

But hell, to be greeted with that kind of smile from my brother tells me that he have something up his sleeve!

Good grief I was not noticed by the Empress, and Klydeur didn't bother acknowledging my presence nor telling Aureus about it either.

"What the hell." I muttered to myself, eyes narrowed suspiciously at the doting scenario infront of me, with my fist clenched tightly that almost crumpled the dirty purple ribbon.

I never knew this kind of cliche will ever happen to me.

Turning my back behind the suspicious situation, I decided to sort out my thoughts. Klydeur seems to have the upper hand for now, since I am clueless as to what he is thinking since this never occurred to the glimpses I've seen before. And not like I have any memories of it happening to begin with.

Besides, I've just finished turning the tide. If I act out now and lash at him, rumors will circulate again and my reputation will just go down the drain, as it should.

Is this finally going down the original fate of Clydeur? I was lucky enough to live better days the past few years, so I can somehow endure the fact that I'll end up going the same path as the original Clydeur.

But I wonder, did he do the same thing as I did? Or was he too timid to try to appeal to his own mother? I can definitely see the difference between me and—

"Ow!"

"Ack!"

I almost stumbled backwards the moment I bumped my head to something. Or maybe someone is the right term.

The moment I looked down at the person who fell down the floor, my eyes widened at the person whom I have bumped into.

"Lady Lethilde?" I acknowledged the black-haired girl whose a few years older than me, the same lady I've met back at the tea party I had with the Empress and Klydeur a few weeks ago.

The said lady looked up to me, unlike Lady Mia who must have caused a ruckus at me, she politely smiled. "I apologize for unintentionally inconveniencing you, your highness." Briefly glancing sideways, she raised her arm as if offering her hand.

I glanced at her hand, and so I understood the fact that she took the initiative of asking to be helped up her feet. "I believe I'm at fault as well, my lady. Pardon me as well."

As soon as I helped her stand up, she curtsied at me and so I did the same formal greeting of bowing down as response. "If I may, can I have a walk with his highness?"

Glancing behind, I offered my arm in which she gladly accepted. "As you wish, my lady."

Her emerald eyes have a little bit of similarity to Archduke Shaman. The only difference is that hers is somewhat a lighter color and a mixture of lime green, whereas the Archduke has a deeper hue of emerald orbs.