02 | ❝𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐞𝐭𝐭𝐲 𝐦𝐚𝐧❞

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨—a pretty man

𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐰𝐨
a pretty man

when you enter nayoungs chambers, you find her sitting alone, drinking tea. she was immersed in her thoughts, which only made her more concerned about her safety. finally she acknowledged both you and jeongyeol after monitoring nayoung for a while. she got up and walked up to you right away.

she had a frantic look in her eyes. nayoung was requesting assistance. it's no surprise that daewon is so weak for her. "i'm being taken to goryeo," she tells you, "because others are threatening to kill me," she adds, addressing your inquiries. she handed you a couple of letters. you took them and opened them, inspecting the red ink that had been used to write the order to assassinate nayoung. your solemn attitude had shifted to one of befuddlement. "who's in charge of getting you there?" you inquire of nayoung. to you, everything seems strange. everything appears to be well-organized too, but you're not going to let whoever planned this get their way.

"bayan and his nephew"

with the limited knowledge you have, you can only come up with minor explanations for why nayoung is suddenly threatened. it's no coincidence that she's under threat only a few days before her marriage with the emperor of yuan.

"i'm scared," nayoung muttered as she clutched your hand and forced you to gaze at her glossy eyes. your serious expression relaxes once again. daewon is good at describing nayoungs personality with words. as described by daewon, her touch is as delicate as a feather. "don't worry, i won't let anything happen to you," you said confidently, attempting to seem as reassuring as possible. hearing how assured you sounded put her at ease. nayoung walked back to her seat. "i'm not giving them what they want." you muttered

nayoung only gives you the same troubled face, a tear sliding down her cheeks. jeongyeol was struck by how subtly nayoung showed her sadness. he felt compelled to console her after seeing her. when you turned your heel to face jeongyeol, you see how he stared at nayoung. after watching him for awhile, you also noticed that his eyes gradually became watery, even jeongyeol is becoming weak for nayoung.

"stay here with nayoung, i'm getting some fresh air," you say, piqueing his interest. leaving the room without letting jeongyeol speak.

you took a stroll around the palace. considering the various scenarios available when it comes to protecting nayoung. trying to think of a way to keep her safe. your head began to hurt as a result of your pondering. as you rubbed your head, you let out a small sigh.

"general y/n!" said someone, prompting you to turn around and find yesun and khada approaching you. the two males with whom you've come close on several occasions. "how about a drink to catch up?" yesun suggested with a smile. you breathed a sigh of relief when you heard yesuns offer; a drink will soothe your aching head.