The 1st, and last chapter...

‘Max, have you packed the children’s clothes?’ – Miranda shouted. Max could feel the anxiety in her voice. 

‘Yes, 5 minutes ago! Where are Jessy and Tom?!’ – He yelled.

‘They are waiting for us in the car!’

‘Hurry up! We haven’t got much time left! It is getting closer, and closer every second!’

They ran out of their house, and rushed to the car. There was a chaos around them. People were screaming, leaving their homes, trying to drive to the only safe place.
The huge yellow bags were placed in the trunk by Max. They got into their mini-van, closed their eyes, and made a deep breath. And only then, a gigantic, burning body has been seen by them, approaching Earth. They can see it’s destructive power. Like their whole lives passed in that moment. Their childhood, depressing and blithe memories. All gone. Now, the challenge is to survive.
There was a complete mess on the road. Dead bodies, driven over by cars, with blood all over the swampy grass and filthy gray asphalt. A deeply dark and misty sky, is frightening, swallowing their attention. 

‘I hope, that we are going to make it to the ship!’ – Max called out fearfully.

‘Jessy, Tom, are you alright?’ Miranda shouted, asking their children.

‘Yes mom!’ - They answered back.

Their van was moving like a hungry dog, trying to catch up with it’s pray.
Finally, after a long road, they have arrived to their destination. A tremendous intergalactic ship, was waiting for the inhabitants of the planet to enter it, and leave the catastrophically dangerous place. Earth.

As soon as possible, they took the children and bags with clothes from the car, and rushed to the ship.

People were in panic and pain. Who knew, that so suddenly, the world could come to an end? After so many years and generations, only now.

They have entered the ship, and eventually calmed down. They knew they were safe, but one thing wasn’t mentioned… The asteroid was too close. It’s torridity was already felt by everyone on the planet, and that was frightening. The trees, animals, everything alive started burning. Eventually, the ship moved off, and began to ascend. People that made it to the ship had to be happy, but…

‘I think, that something is wrong…’ - Miranda said suspiciously.

‘Honey, what do you mean?’ – Max asked calmly.

‘We had to leave Earth, like… 2 minutes ago!’ – She cried.

‘Maybe something happened to the pilot of the ship, or… the engines are defective?’ - She asked with dread.

‘Don’t agonize, everything will be… Oh, my God! Look out the window!’ He shouted.

She turns her head towards the window, and sees the unthinkable…
The meteorite hit the Earth and… Split into two pieces…

The next 30 seconds were like in a fog. She sat quietly looking out the window, barely looking on what is happening around, as slowly half of the meteor was getting closer and closer. People were screaming and running through the salon of the ship, stumbling and falling. Her brain couldn’t process everything. Suddenly, she regained the stability of her mind and realized, that they have to do something, but inside, she knew that nothing can help in situations like this.

‘MIRANDA! WE HAVE TO DO SOMETHING!’ - Max screamed in panic, almost losing control on his body.

‘This is the end Max…’ – She said calmly and softly. ‘I love you, Max.’ – She quietly whispered.

A tear slowly ran over her cheek.

The deadly burning meteorite has contacted with the ship. Metal started to melt and bend towards the humans. Like in a slow motion, the ship exploded with people on it.  The dead bodies scattered all over the planet. Blood, fire and nothing alive…

Eventually, Earth exploded, which was followed by the destruction of the entire solar system.

The End