Chapter One- A Girl Named Taylor

I was walking along, making sure no one had followed me, when I saw her. Holstering my gun behind my back, I moved towards a girl who looked to be a teenager. "Hello?" I said. She pointed her gun at my head, her hands shaking as if there was an earthquake. "Samuel" she muttered. I put my hands in the air, but she pulled the trigger.

"Click-" I heard, and thanked god the gun didn't go off. "Are you okay?" I asked. She dropped the gun, and slumped over against a large rock. I turned to walk away, thinking she was in no mental state to have a conversation, but I stopped, as she said "Wait, come back!" I stopped and walked back over to her. "What's wrong? You don't seem like the type to shoot strangers." I said. "Samuel, the soldiers.... they all..... what's the point?" She said, seeming to not be able to finish a thought. I noticed that her leg was bandaged, but a bite would be bigger, so most likely she was cut. "My name is Marcus." I told her. "We need to get out of here."

I helped her get to her feet, and I walked her back to a cabin I had built. She fainted about one hundred feet from it, probably due to dehydration. Part of me considered leaving her, honestly, but I carried her in. She woke up inside the cabin, and I had set some water next to her. "No-no cabins. Get me out of here." She said, panicking. "This is the safest place to be." I told her. As her breathing became heavier, I realized that she was physically breaking down. She stood up, but simply collapsed on the floor. She banged her head, and I thought for a moment that she was dead, but again she tried to get out of the cabin. I opened the door and helped her get out, where she was able to breathe again.

"Why do you hate cabins?!" I said. Again, she muttered "Samuel." I wondered who Samuel was, and what it had to do with cabins, but I thought that it would be best to get her somewhere safe before I questioned her. I headed north with her, neither of us speaking, her drinking water. I honestly don't know why, but I felt the need to help her.

"My name is Taylor." She said, after hours of silence. "Marcus." I replied. "How old are you, Marcus?" Taylor asked me. "Fifteen." I said sharply, holding a grudge over the incident earlier. "I knew it wasn't loaded you know. I just wanted to scare you off." I nodded my head, and we continued to walk, I didn't know why we were heading North, but it was what the girl wanted. "Where are we going?" I asked. "Quadrant Seven" Said Taylor. When I realized where we were headed, I yelled "That's right over this hill!"

As we quickly ran towards the top of the hill, she reached the summit before I did, but the frown on her face told me that all was not happily ever after. As I reahed the top, I saw that quadrant 7 laid desolate, walls caved in, infested with zombies, and completely destroyed.