Chapter 1: Beginning

In Japan, a young girl- who was beginning to grow into a woman- sat singing her eyes closed. Cherry blossom trees hung over her head and she felt a blossom land on the tip of her nose. Smiling, she sat still, sinking in the beauty of the moment. After a pause, she felt hot breath tickle her face and with a smile she opened her eyes to see a boy about her age smiling mischievously at her. Suddenly, he pushed forward and planted a kiss on the girl's nose. They both fell backwards and landed in a heap laughing.

'Lee-Jong!' she cried, feigning irritation yet internally being delighted. 

'What is it My Miyu ?' he asked, wrapping his arms around her waist as they lay on the floor.

'You are a baka, you do know that, right?' she said turning around to look at him and narrowing her eyes .

Softl, he reached forward so she could feel his soft breath in her ear....
'How else would I act with someone like you?...'
-
This cheesy response made her insides flutter.

This was one of the last thing she recalled- before without her knowing she died in a fatal car crash.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Miyo-Ito was reincarnated into a new life- but with her old memories still intact. She flailed in a beautiful crib and stared up at a beautiful domed ceiling that glittered heavenly. As she lay there she took in her new surroundings in shock. The place was celestial yet she had no idea where she was. She clearly remembered spending time with her boyfriend, Lee Jong but she somehow got the feeling that she would never see him again. As she lay there she began to hiccup and tears flew down her eyes. She couldn't say a word as she attempted to kick around and failed with her new-born muscles. In the distance, she could hear a lady's voice approach- they spoke in some different sort of language and seemed like they were cursing under their breath.

Finally when the lady approached Miyo her eyes seemingly softened with love and affection. She delicately reached for Miyo and kissed her forehead then walked off with her. This lady looked nothing like her mother and she had no idea what was happening. For the first few days she cried the nights away- missing her family and old love. It was seemingly normal for onlooking servants as she was only a baby after all.

*

As she grew, Miyo was introduced to her parent's abode. It was small yet beautiful with a main building and a small garden with a pond of koi. Miyo found herself growing up in the hardships of this new world and reminiscing her old life, with tears in her eyes. She adjusted and as she grew the pain slowly became less of a burden.

Her new parents were both noble and had a high standing in society. They were friends with the emperor and had made plans to introduce Miyo to the Crown Prince, who was one year older then Miyo. While she was growing her parents closely observed Miyo. She was very quiet as she grew but very beautiful as well. She had pale light blue hair that stood out in the entire empire as well as the most beautiful light blue eyes. If it weren't for her eyes, which were very similar to her mothers, she may have been accused of not being their daughter. Apart from that, she had her fathers serious expression that could only be noticed if you looked at her intently.

Overall, the pair were proud of their beautiful daughter and showed her off to the nobility's friends as she grew. They never seemed to care about the fact Miyo was quieter then most children her age as they believed women were better seen rather then heard. But inside Miyo's mental health was deteriorating from sheer loneliness, as she grew knowing she could never reveal her past life into this strange ancient universe.

She found out that she was in fact living in the middle-east near places she knew in older times as India and Persia. Through research she was able to find a map that showed her the faint sketch of the empire. She was bright but for her higher studies she had never cared for subjects like geography and art, but turned to subjects like history, religious studies and the sciences. The sketch meant nothing to her but due to her love for history found out she was able to find out where she lived through the architecture. The religion was an old system filled with gods and a complicated system, that helped her place that she lived in ancient times. Luckily she lived in a time where bathing was considered good and a simple adequate system that meant everything was mostly hygienic. The divide between rich and poor was big though, which she realised as she grew. Luckily, she had born into the higher rich sector- and she assumed that she had royal blood because of her parent's close relationship with the emperor. 

Miyo's name had now changed and she was now called Miyu... The girl felt saddened by this name as it reminded her of what her old lover Lee used to call her as a nickname.

As Miyu grew she began to learn the language and spoke it with ease. She learnt it quickly and easily due to her growing with her old memories. Though her parents weren't delighted with her swift ability, they agreed it was a good add-on. Years passed like hours and at age 6, she was first invited to a playdate with the emperor's son.

The royal palace was 10x more magnificent in both grandeur and aura. It radiated prosperity but Miyu felt like it masked some hidden meaning. They entered the Emperor's throne room, which had the same beautiful dome but on the walls calligraphy and striking furnishing made the room stand out more. As Miyu looked at it she was unable to read it but she stared at the amount of history it held. She tried to stray to go touch the masterpieces but her father firmly grasped at her hand and hissed in her ear,
 'Behave Miyu!'

 Desolate, she said nothing and waited for the emperor to appear...