Sophia Peletier's Story

I shivered. My heart was racing, panic alarms going off inside my head. I tried to sit still like Rick had said, but found myself creeping out of the shadows. I heard a noise, and saw a walker lurching towards me, its jaw hanging loose, blood dripping from its mouth. I screamed and bolted, running as fast as I could untill I was sure it was safe. I could see an object in the distance, and began gingerly making my way forward, head darting from side to side. Upon closer inspection, I could see that it was a car, seemingly intact, and it looked like there were boxes inside. I hurried closer, my fear turning into excitement as I opened the passenger door. Food. Water. Supplies. My heart leaped as I took in each object. It was going to be okay, I just needed to find Rick and the others...
My heart sank. Tears were already forming, making my vision blurred. I just wanted to see my mum again.
I slid down the side of the car, clutching my doll for comfort. Hours passed, I couldn't tell you how many, but soon darkness fell. I drank some bottled water, and ate a cereal bar, but didn't have much of an appetite. I huddled inside the car, crying quietly, for quite some time, untill claustrephobia forced me to leave the saftety of the vehicle.
Dawn was approaching, and shadows danced across the ground. I dozed off without meaning to, and awoke to find my mother standing over me. She was smiling broadly, and she told me how worried she had been. I tried to talk, but couldn't speak. She leaned over...
And grabbed my arm, snapping at me with long yellow teeth. I yelped, and lashed out, kicking the walker in the chest. I gasped, but it wasn't fazed. Time seemed to slow down as it sunk its teeth into my shoulder, tearing at skin and tissue. I screamed in pain and started crawling away as fast as I could. The walker stumbled after me, its breathing quickening, becoming agitated and excited at the chance of a meal. I managed to stand up, and began hobbling away. Eventually the sounds of the walker were distant, and I collapsed under a tree, sighing with relief untill I saw how bad my shoulder was. Oh no. No, no, no. I couldn't become one of them. I didn't want to die. With a sob, I realised I had dropped maybelle while I was running. I didn't even have her anymore. I was alone. Alone and afraid. I closed my eyes and started sobbing.
My eyes opened, and I stood up shakily. Food... Food. I could see a figure close by. I could smell him.
Food...
He sighed, his face looking sad. I snapped at him, trying to rip at his flesh, but he was too quick. A sack went over my head, and I knew no more for a long time.
I stumbled out into the light, tripping over bodies that lay on the ground. I could hear someone screaming. Food...food...
A man came over. He had something in his hand. I was so hungry.
Food...fo-