Mary's Murderer

YAY RANDOM SPURTS OF INSPIRATION! WARNING: BLOODY!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It's funny when you look back and see that... When you were younger, everything was filled with light, and happiness... Nothing could really hurt you, and that dark abyss far inside your mind or heart didn't even exist yet.

Or at least, that's how it should have been for little Kio.

Oh, Kio... I miss you...

I do so remember those days we would spend together, laughing happily as if nothing mattered. How I wish those days didn't have to fade away...

However, I guess you can't really stop it, can you?

That growing anger, hatred, and insanity... Tucked far away into the recesses of your own mind.

Kio... Kio... Are you there, little Kio? Not any more, it would seem.

Fine then, ignore me... It's fine.

For I have a power over you that you don't even comprehend.

You remember that day, don't you? When you finally found me?

Yes, you remember it well...

It was such a beautiful day, wasn't it? In your cute little village with that "friend" of yours called Rem, and your adorable little sister, Mary. The three of you would sit under that big, dead tree, the only dead thing in the village, and smile to yourselves, looking over the vast green lands before you. You would always speak of how you wanted to explore them, to leave your small village and discover new things. Your eyes would shine as you spoke, and your face would reflect happiness even though you weren't smiling. You would hold your little sister's hand lovingly, cherishing her as the only family you had, while all the while cherishing Rem as your only friend.

Oh yes, Rem... He was such a strange boy! Reserved, and calm... He would nod and listen as you told him your dreams and ambitions, but never spoke a word of his own. It was almost like... He didn't even exist.

Mary, however, was usually sleeping. Her health was frail after the deaths of your parents after that burglary... The night you are so aware of and yet, you can't seem to remember a single detail. If only the same was true for Mary... Being so young, such... horrible actions did affect her, emotionally and physically. But you loved her, didn't you? She was your sister... Of course you did... Right?

Well... Despite that one fact...

Her eyes, the very eyes of your mother... Every time you looked at her you saw that empty hole torn into your heart in the form of your only family! So many emotions would flood into your body that you couldn't take it, it almost made you just want to... Just want to blame your parents deaths on her! And Rem was ever so conscious of those thoughts of yours...

However, you've almost forgotten Mary now, right? Her face, her smile... She's about to disappear. So right now, she isn't important...

But Rem is.

That "friend" of yours... Was always listening. He never spoke, not once. He only cared for your sake. Only ever wanted to see you... Knew that you secretly blamed Mary for all the sorrow in your life... It hurt him, it really did.

That's why he made Mary disappear.

That very night, on the day you would almost think of as "perfect"... Was the night you lost everything. The screaming ripped you from your dreams of exploring unknown lands, and pulled you back into the dark, moonlit reality. Hastily, you got out of your makeshift "bed" (More like rags, really) and ran towards this noise.