27.6

"Hey, Moni," Han says before Domonique walks over to him. "I did some checking, asked around, got the location of a street race tonight." Rome accidentally shoots the harpoon gun, that Han had brought back, causing the harpoon to stick in the wall between Domonique and Han, who turn to glare at him as he shoves the gun into Tej's hands. Tej points at Rome, who starts looking around as if it wasn't him.

Domonique pulls into the area where, Han told her, the street race would be. Domonique couldn't help the smile that comes to her face as she parks, because no matter where in the world she is, she will always feel at home at a street race. Domonique sees a man give Letty money before they shake hands. Letty pulls up at the starting line, hoping to get in another race before the cops show up. Domonique pulls up beside her, as Letty puts her jacket in the passenger seat.
"You've got some serious balls for a chick," Letty tells Domonique with a chuckle as she notices her.
"I've been told," Domonique says with a smile.
"You know, you're lucky I missed my shot," Letty says as her face goes neutral.
"I think you hit your mark," Domonique tells her with a shrug.
"Really?" Letty asks her causing Domonique to nod. "What is it with you? Do you have a death wish or something?"
"If that's what it takes," Domonique answers her with a slight smirk. " I just want to race."
"You might lose your car," Letty taunts her with a smirk.
"Let's do it," Domonique says with a laugh.
"Your funeral," Letty says with a shrug.
"Ride or die, remember?" Domonique asks as she glances at Letty before facing forward. Letty pauses feeling as if she had heard the words before.
"Listen up!" A lady says as she walks in between Domonique's and Letty's cars. "Out here, we're used to getting what we want. This is London, baby. But remember, don't bite the bait. Are you ready? Ready?" They rev their engines. "Steady." She raises her arms. "Go!" Domonique takes off in a wheelie with Letty in front of her. Letty weaves in and out of traffic as Domonique tries to get beside her before Domonique gets in front of her as they go around a curve.
"Just like old times," Domonique says with a smirk as she sees a cop car chasing them. Domonique quickly turns around causing the cop to swerve and crash. Domonique drives in reverse beside Letty with a smirk before she quickly turns back around.
"This girl is crazy," Letty says with an excited smile. Domonique gets back in front of Letty as they turn another curve. Letty gets besides Domonique as they weave through traffic. Letty uses her NOS before Domonique uses her NOS, passing Letty. "You got to be kidding me."

Letty motions for Domonique to follow before she leads her to an abandoned lot near an overpass.
"You're still upshifting early," Domonique tells Letty as she gets out of her car.
"I do that so you brake," Letty responds as she leans against her car.
"You lose traction and the back end kicks out," Domonique explains to her.
"I noticed," Letty tells her as Domonique walks over to her. "Look, just because you know how I ride, doesn't mean you know me."
"You know what they say where we are from?" Domonique asks her with a smile. "Show me how you drive, I'll show you who you are." Domonique looks at her car. "V8. You never could resist American muscle." Domonique looks up at Letty to see a scar through her eyebrow. "Nice scar. You never could keep yourself out of trouble, either." Letty moves her hair behind her ear with a small smile.
"What else do you know about me?" Letty asks as she turns to face Domonique.
"About you?" Domonique asks her back as she walks closer to Letty. "Everything." Domonique lifts her wrist between them. "Like this scar. You got it the first night we met. You were 15. First street race. Some kid trying to show off lost control of his car, wiped out right next to you. You're lucky you didn't lose your arm."
"And let me guess, you saved me," Letty states with a proud smirk, thinking she had Domonique figured out.
"Yeah in a way," Domonique says with a chuckle. "My brother was the kid showing off and I put my car between his and the crowd as he was wrecking." Letty looks down with a shy smile causing Domonique to smile. "And here." Domonique moves Letty's hair away from her shoulder to reveal another scar by her shirt strap. Letty holds back a shiver from the tingling sensation left by Domonique's touch. "Boyle Heights. You were fleeing with my little sister, Mia before you got trapped in a corner. And you thought it was a good idea to ride your Torino Cobra through a retaining wall." Letty lets out a laugh since it sounds like something that she would do.
"All right, how about this one?" Letty asks Domonique before raising her shirt and lowering her pants to show a scar on her hip bone.
"That's the last time we were together," Domonique answers her as she touches the scar fondly. "In the DR. You wanted to go for a night swim. You cut yourself on the reef. I followed you. I even got this scar to match." Domonique shows her a scar on her hip. Letty has a small smile on her face as she rubs her finger over Domonique's scar before she realizes what she did.
"Look, I don't know why you're here, but I really think you're over your head," Letty tells her honestly as they stare at each other. Domonique gently holds Letty's head in her hands, making sure she is looking at her.
"I'm here for you," Domonique states as she stares into Letty's eyes.
"That girl you remember, it's not me," Letty says as she glances down.
"Not from what I just saw," Domonique tells her with a small smirk. "Like it or not you're still the same girl. I saw it out there. I see it right now."
"I got to go," Letty says as she slightly panics as she fights against the connection she feels with Domonique.
"Hey," Domonique says as Letty opens her door. "It belongs to you." Domonique hands her their cross necklace. Letty gets into her car before driving off.