Dont say it

The next morning we ended up leaving Ria's house super early

The next morning we ended up leaving Ria's house super early. Billie suggested we drop by Tom's and surprise him with breakfast, of course I was up for it.

We quickly stopped by the store to grab the essentials - pancake mix, fresh fruit and a variety of juices. We also picked up a bouquet of flowers for him, just because.

Tom noticed us pull up on his driveway before we even got chance to climb out of the car, I didn't mind though. He looked adorable bouncing on the spot in excitement as he stood in the doorway.

A wide grin appeared on his face as we made our way toward him, "hello there, I wasn't expecting anybody! How are you?"

I took him in for a big bear hug, "we're good, how are you?"

"Oh I'm wonderful! What's all this?" He wrapped his arms around me, then turned to Billie and pulled her into his embrace too.

"We brought you breakfast!" Billie explained excitedly, she couldn't wait to tell him.

The cute old man smiled in awe. "That's too kind.
Come on in!"

I ordered Tom and Billie to sit down whilst I sorted everything. The pair listened and sat opposite each other on the dining table, looking like a pair of naughty children in time out.

One of the little things I love in life is preparing a breakfast spread - the bright variation of colours in from the juices and fresh fruit, combined that with the warm honey toned pancakes and lay it all against a dark wooden board, it's like porn to me. I just adore it.

"So Billie, how long do you have left love?" I had my back to the pair, and it's a good job too because as soon as those words left his mouth I swear my stomach caved in on itself. The penny finally dropped.

"Six days now Tom!" Billie sent him a half hearted smile.

I pushed my anxieties aside momentarily as I placed the board in the middle of the table, a wide smile plastered on my face to hide my true expression. "Breakfast is served!"

"This looks amazing Reese, thank you." Tom dramatically licked his lips causing us to laugh.

"This does look hella good, thank you." Billie added as she took a quick photo to put on her Instagram story.

We all tucked into the food, Tom and Billie joined in small talk whilst I remained silent. I couldn't speak, my brain was working overtime.

"Thank you for bringing me breakfast, and of course thank you for the company." Tom had the happiest grin on his face, and I wished so badly I could mirror it but I just couldn't. "Reese sweetheart, are you ok?"

"Yes, of course I am." I lied.

"Ok, are you sure because..."

I cut him off, "Tom, stop worrying. I'm ok."