Open Season

Describe Hunter Davies in four words? Will. Make. You. Cry. He is every woman's fantasy and the very same woman's worst nightmare. He is drop dead gorgeous and he knows it. And he has no qualms about using his good looks to get what he wants, especially women. With his tall and ripped physique, sand colored hair, and cerulean eyes, he can catch the eye of any member of the opposite sex with no effort at all. So it came as a surprise to Fawn Rivera when she saw him enter the restaurant where the speed dating event she was hosting took place. Oh and did Fawn know him well.

***

Fawn and Hunter went to high school together...but they were from completely different cliques. Hunter belonged to the popular clique; he was the star quarterback of the football team. It was so cliché, but it was true. Jocks and cheerleaders: those were his circle of friends. Meanwhile, Fawn was another cliché. She was part of the so called "nerds"; but even if she didn't see herself as so, she was too pretty to be considered a nerd. She was petite and slim, with a flawless creamy complexion, dark chocolate eyes that always seemed sleepy, and sleek black hair that hung like a curtain to the small of her back. She got straight A's, yes, but she was not lacking in the social department. She was friends with everyone, just because she was genuinely nice like that. Always had a friendly smile at the ready.

Hunter and Fawn's paths crossed when they were seniors. Fawn was in college level French already and volunteered to help Madame Smith with some of the tutoring sessions for the latter's beginning and intermediate French class students. Hunter was in intermediate French, but his grades were struggling. Coach said he had to get at least a C or he will be benched the entire season. Football was his life! He could not risk it.

He walked into Madame Smith's classroom during his study hall period and found only one other person in there. She did not look familiar to him, and he wondered why he had never seen this girl before; she was so strikingly beautiful. She was so simple, wearing only a white long sleeved v-neck t-shirt and dark skinny jeans. Her long hair was kept down but pushed to the side of her neck, exposing the skin there that he all of a sudden wanted to kiss. She had her head down, writing something in her notebook, but he could see long dark lashes and full cherry lips. He had never been so glad he had to attend a tutoring session as he was at this moment. She must've not heard him come in so he cleared his throat to catch her attention.

"Pardonnez moi, mademoiselle. Voulez vous coucher avec moi, ce soir?"

Fawn looked up when she heard the oft repeated song lyrics as a pick up line. She frowned at the boy in front of her in response.

"Non originalité, monsieur! S'il vous plait, asseyez vous," she said motioning to the seat in front of her.

She studied him for a moment. He was very handsome, but she did not have time for his childish games. She took school seriously and expected the same from her tutees. He took a seat across from her and pulled his French book from his backpack.

"I'm Hunter."

"Fawn."

She got down to business right away, which disappointed him, because he didn't want to discuss schoolwork with this pretty lady in front of him. He tried to concentrate, but he found the way her lips moved as she spoke in French so distracting. Soon, the bell rang and she started gathering her things and sticking them in her backpack.

"So, same time next week?"

"Um yeah."

"Okay, bye, Hunter," she smiled and headed for the door.

He slapped himself on the forehead and jogged after her. Never has he had such trouble speaking to a girl before. He caught up to her and fell into step with her.