24.6

Domonique wakes to the sunrise before smiling up at Roan, who is asleep with her on his chest. Domonique traces her fingers along his arm before she looks out at their ocean view. Domonique kisses Roan on the forehead before getting out of bed and getting dressed. Domonique grabs a beer before walking outside. Domonique takes a drink of her beer before working on an engine that belongs to her 1977 Pontiac Firebird Trans Am.
"This is what 100 million buys?" Hobbs asks as he stands a few feet behind Domonique. Roan wakes from the voice that isn't Domonique's. "It wasn't hard to find you, Toretto."
"I wasn't hiding," Domonique says as she turns to look at Hobbs with a smirk.
"How's the life of the retired international criminal?" Hobbs asks as he walks over to Domonique.
"I like it here. It's quiet," Domonique answers him with a smile. "Nice weather, and no extradition. So what are you doing here, cop?"
"Last Tuesday, a team of highly coordinated drivers took down an entire military convoy in Russia," Hobbs explains as he looks around at the place.
"I don't do cold weather," Domonique tells him with a shrug.
"I know it wasn't you," Hobbs replies with a slight nod. "But you're going to help me catch the team responsible." Roan walks outside before cocking his gun. "And you ain't gonna need that."
"You can't touch her, Hobbs. You've got no powers..." Roan starts before he is interrupted.
"I'm not here to extradite anyone," Hobbs tells him before looking at Domonique. "See, she's going to come voluntarily. As a matter of fact, she's going to beg me." Domonique looks at Hobbs confused. "This was taken a week ago." Hobbs hands Domonique a file. "I'll see you out front." Domonique opens the file as Roan watches Hobbs walk away. Domonique gasps at the picture she sees.
"It's Letty, isn't it?" Roan asks her as he sees a tear roll down her face.
"It's impossible," Domonique says as Roan walks over, looking at the picture while Domonique shakes her head.
"If that was my wife, if there was a chance, no matter how small, I would go," Roan says before he pulls her into a hug, pressing a kiss to her head.

Domonique walks outside to find Hobbs waiting by his truck.
"I'm going to need everything, all the info you got," Domonique says as she leans against her car.
"You'll get it when the team gets it," Hobbs tells her with a nod.
"No team," Domonique says with a shake of her head, knowing she couldn't drag them out of their normal lives for something that may not even be possible. "This is going to have to be me alone."
"I knew she was going to say that," Dom says as he gets out of Hobbs' truck.
"Yeah, It's not that simple," Hobbs explains to her. "The crew we're after, they hit like thunder and disappear like smoke. You go in alone, you won't ever touch them. I've been chasing this guy across four continents and 12 countries, and believe me, the last damn place I want to be right now is on your front doorstep, selling Girl Scout cookies. I need your help, Moni. I need your team."

Domonique calls Tej, Rome, Gisele, and Han, who all agreed to come. Domonique and Dom decide that Brian and Mia deserved to know so they make their way to their house.

"What do you think of this?" Brian asks as he shakes a rattle toy in front of Jack.
"He likes it," Mia says with a smile.
"Or this?" Brian asks as he holds a toy skyline car in front of Jack, who reaches for it. "Yes." Brian looks at Mia with a victorious smile causing her to smile. "That's my boy. All right, lets see how this thing flies." Brian throws a paper airplane before Domonique pulls up in front of where the paper plane lands. "It's Aunt Moni and Uncle Dom. What do you know? Are you waving?"
"Hey Jack," Domonique says with a smile as she gets out of the car.
"What's up, Aunt Moni? What's up, Uncle Dom?" Brian says for Jack as he waves Jack's hand around.
"Are you already pushing imports on him?" Domonique asks as she sees the toy skyline.
"You say, 'Dad's not pushing anything.' He chose that car," Brian says as he looks at Domonique, who has kneeled in front of them.
"We know he's an O'Conner, but I brought you something Jack," Domonique says with a smirk as she holds out a toy Dodge Charger to him. Though it's not her first choice, it had been her father's choice. Jack starts reaching for the car. "Yeah! He's also a Toretto."
"I don't know," Brian says as he takes the car from Domonique.
"Luckily he has a couple more years to decide, right?" Mia says with a smile as she looks at Jack.
"I think he decided, Mia," Dom says as Jack plays with the car.
"I think it's time for his nap," Mia says as she takes Jack from Brian before going inside. Brian grabs some beers for him, Domonique, and Dom before they sit in some lawn chairs.
"It's weird, huh?" Brian asks as Dom takes a drink of his beer.
"What's weird?" Dom asks him back confused.
"We got everything. You know, down to the beer and the barbecue. But it's just..." Brian says with a chuckle and a shake of his head. "I don't know, it just doesn't feel like home. Maybe it's because, uh, you don't realize how much you appreciate something until someone takes it away. I don't know. The place has probably changed so much, you wouldn't even recognize it anymore."
"Yeah. Everything's changed," Domonique says in agreement as she thinks about the fact that Letty could be alive.
"So what's up with you two? What's going on?" Brian questions the twins as he glances at them. Domonique sighs before handing him the envelope that Hobbs had given her.
"Taken a week ago," Dom says as Brian opens the envelope.
"Diplomatic Security Service. Hobbs," Brian says before pulling out the picture and looking at it. "You know, I used to do this shit all the time as a cop. This is exactly what cops do. He's messing with both of your heads. Letty and Eliza are dead."
"I need to know for sure," Domonique tells him as she runs her hand through her hair.
"Then I'm going with you," Brian states causing Domonique to shake her head.
"You said you were going to leave this life behind," Domonique tells him sternly.
"We both said that we were leaving the life behind," Brian argues with her.
"He's right," Mia says as she walks over, having been listening in to their conversation. "We're family. If we got a problem, we deal with it together. And I'll feel safer knowing you're all out there, watching each other's backs. You're stronger together. You always were. Now go get Letty and Eliza. Bring them home."