Blue - Preview

Thanks to dramagirl818 for the cover!! c:

Blue

I rolled off the bed and slipped my feet into my slippers, yawning while scratching the back of my head. It was dark out, way passed midnight. I glanced at the clock as I passed by it. I slept all day? I grimaced, I'll never get to sleep tonight.

Pulling out my phone, I checked my text messages. Only two: Dad and Grayson. Dad, telling me he was leaving for the event, and Grayson, telling me to shove my head up my ass because he got that waitress's number.

I laughed as I skipped down the steps, making my way to the kitchen and throwing the refridgerator door open, grabbing an unopened bottle of tea out of it. Leaning against the counter, I took a sip of it before slowly setting it down on the counter.

I was staring at the silver fridge, watching the reflection in it moving quietly behind me. My dad wasn't here; he was at some charity event with Pepper. Who else could it be?

Picking the tea bottle back up, I capped it and gribbed it in my hands before turning around and throwing it at the intruder. It caught him off guard and hit him right in the face. Bullseye.

I dashed around the island and raced towards the stairs, desperate to reach my room; to reach my phone. But I only put one foot on the stairs before I was being pulled back and drug across the floor. I hit a wall, my head banging against it. I cried out in pain, rubbing the back of my head before looking up.

A boy stood at the bottom of the stairs, looking at me. He didn't look scary, actually he looked out of place in his dirty and rough clothes. His boots were mud-stained, leaving small traces of dried dirt everywhere he stepped.

I climbed to my feet quickly and slid along the wall, trying to keep away from the boy. He only watched me, his eyes never leaving mine. I moved closer to the door, closer to the small statues that stood guard there.

"Who are you?" I asked the boy cautiously, stepping closer to the small statues. His eyes flicked from mine to the statue, then back at me.

"I'm not here to hurt you, okay?" he said, holding out his hand, "I'm here to save you. Someone's coming for you, you need to - "

Before he could finish, I grabbed the statue and sent it flying towards him. I turned to run while he was distracted, but I froze when I saw him throw his arm to the right, the statue fly off to the right side quickly after.

Looking back at him, my eyes wide, I stumbled over my words, "how did - what are - oh my God."

The boy chuckled, "thought you were the only one with special powers?"

I bit my lip, not saying anything. He scratched the back of his head, "I can't explain that right now. We need to get out of here. He's coming."

"Who's coming?" I asked. The boy opened his mouth to say something, but was cut off by the ceiling falling on top of him. I screamed and rushed towards the door, throwing it open. I screamed as I ran straight into something hard. Looking up, I stared into the face of a very mean, and very strong man.

He smiled down at me, "hello, there."

I turned to run, but the man grabbed my arms and pinned them behind me. He pushed me into the house, kicking the door shut behind him. Infront of me, the boy was trying to push the chunks of ceiling off of him, but all was pointless.

Standing ontop of the pile of marble and drywall, slowly making there way step-by-step off of it, was a shirt man in a really big, furry coat. Beside him was two people: a very tall, thin lady with razor sharp brown hair and deep red lips, and a man just as equally big and mean as the one holding me.

"Carolyn!" the man in the coat cheered as he stepped towards me and off the pile, "it's an honor to meet you."