Chapter One

Right, this is an interesting twist. Normally, it's all about Percy being betrayed or something, however, this is not the case in this fanfic. Hope you guys like it, my lovely readers!

Chapter One: What All Did He Truly Lose?

Point of view: Perseus Jackson

Slash, hack, slice, chop, stab, pierce, whirl, flip, roll, somersault, strike to kill.

This is my daily routine in the arena and I'm doing it now against a bunch of dummies I constructed. I head to the Big House with my duffel bag and rap on the door.

"Come in." Comes Chiron's voice through the door.

I open the door and lean against the frame. I hold out a note to the centaur and gaze out the window so I can watch the campers from afar.

"Still no talking, huh? Returning to your mother so you can finish your junior and senior years? Very well. I hope you return Perseus. The kids love you and they think you are the best to come to to talk about things because all you do is listen and don't force them into anything they don't want to talk about. They love watching you and learning from you." Chiron puts his hand on my shoulder.

I gently remove his hand and walk out the door, leaving the frowning centaur behind. I walk across the border and hop into the van with Argus.

I arrive at the apartment complex and use the stairs to get to the apartment. Not because of the Doors of Death, but because I only exercise now and elevators give you time to think. I walk into the apartment after knocking and Paul rushes over to me. He pulls me into a hug and holds me tight.

But I don't hug him back.

He notices.

"What's wrong Percy?" Paul holds me at arms length.

"Percy!" I hear my mother's beautiful voice and her wonderful form comes into my view. But I can't smile, not even for her. She runs to me and hugs me, my arms move a very minuscule amount before I just let them drop back the inch I managed to raise them. "Percy?" My mom pulls back.

"Young man, what's wrong?" Paul asks.

I reach into my back pocket and bring out a crinkled piece of paper. I hand it to him and head for my bedroom. I open the door to reveal that it's just the way I left it over a year ago. Just no dust. I set my bag in my closet and stand at the window. I push the curtains apart and stare down at the city.

I hear the crying of my mother and Paul trying to comfort her.

If you're wondering why, it's because of what I wrote on the note I gave Paul. Mom must've read it. If it interests you, it reads:

'I no longer speak. I am returning to spend my junior and senior year with you and then going to college after my end of senior year summer at camp. After being responsible for losing so many good friends and kids, I won't be around to get anyone else killed. So, I won't tell you what colleges I apply to, I'll rarely be home and I'll try my best to be the son you want. I can't feel anything for anyone and my old feelings have been obliterated. I've been accepted to a sports academy in the state and its far away to avoid any unwanted monster attack if one of the few still left roaming want to hunt down those I still hold close.
                                                             Love,
                                                                   Percy

I'll play whatever sports I can fit into my schedule. I'll weight lift on spare time and practice my demigod skills along with it.

~