Distance Matters

They say that love has no limitations, that with love anything can happen. Long distance relationships are definitely risky, and if you are unfortunate enough to be far away from your significant other, the prospect of potentially ruining your relationship can seem daunting. Just because long distance relationships are difficult, doesn't mean they're impossible. Simple adjustments to your attitude and lifestyle can help you keep your loved one in your life.

For me. Long distance relationship requires a large amount of trust and discipline. Long Distance Relationship(LDR) is a relationship where the partner in a relationship is geographically isolated from each other. Partners in LDRs lacks being together and face-to-face contact.

Let us tackle this story about two college student Airon and Mariez who is in this so called Long Distance Relationship. Airon is a student in Imus Institute College and Mariez is a student in Adamson University. Let us see how did their relationship go.

Airon and Mariez are highschool schoolmates from 1st years to 4th year at Imus Institute. They live at Imus City. Eventually they fall in love with each other.

‘Highschool Graduation’

“Congratulations Mariez! Finally after 4 years we’re going to graduate!” said Airon to Mariez with excitement. Mariez smiled and replied  “ I know right? I’m so happy for us! “ after the graduation ceremony both their family decided to celebrated together and ate dinner in a restaurant. After celebrating they go home and they talk about how their relationship will go if they go to college.

‘On the next day Airon called Mariez and talked about where are they going to study at college”

Airon  said to Mariez “ I hope we can still be together even if we are college. I hope we study at the same school.” Mariez sadly answered “ I hope so too but my parents are the one who’s gonna choose my school and whether I like it or not” Airon felt sad and made an excuse that he’s mother is ordering him and have to go. “Airon seems upset” Mariez said to herself.

Meanwhile Mariez parents are talking about their daughter and they decided that they will move to Manila and enroll Mariez in a well known university (Adamson University) they called Mariez and talked about it. Mariez has no choice but to obey them.

Mariez calls Airon and tells him that her she and their parents are moving to Manila and she is going to study at Adamson University. Airon was shocked. “Seriously?! Manila?! Adamson?! That’s so far away. Can’t you talk to your parents about it?” Mariez replied. “I can’t they said that it was for my own good they said that Adamson offers the best education for my desired course” Mariez begun to cry and said to Airon “I’m sorry Ron but I can’t disobey my parents for you. I love you and thank you for the memories I think this is good bye” then Mariez hang the phone and Airon was shocked and he was like WHAT THE FUCK JUST HAPPENED?

Airon kept on calling Mariez every day and every night but still. She didn’t answer even a single one.

Mariez and her parents moved to Manila and Mariez was enrolled in Adamson University while Airon enrolled in Imus Institute College. Even if they are in college they still haven’t talk.

In a random night someone Airon’s cellphone rang and he answered it “Hello? Who is this?” The caller answered “Uhhmm Hi Airon? Uhhhmmm how are you? Do you remember me?” Airon was shocked “Mariez?! Is that you?” “I’m glad you remember my voice” Mariez answered. Airon told him “Why did you leave all of the sudden?”

“I’m sorry but we live so much far away I don’t think our relationship will work out and it’s so busy here in Manila I don’t think I have time to be with you anymore” Mariez explained. “I understand.” Airon answered. “I guess this is good bye?” Said Mariez. “Good bye Mariez. Remember that I will always love you” said Airon. Then their relationship was closed.

Based on the story, I therefore conclude that Communication and time with each other contributes a lot in a certain relationship.

According to Wikipedia

long-distance relationship (LDR) (or long-distance romantic relationship (LDRR)) is an intimate relationship between partners who are geographically isolated from one another. Partners in LDRs face geographic separation and lack of face-to-face contact. LDRs are particularly prevalent among college students- constituting 25% to 50% of all LDRs. Even though scholars have reported a significant number of LDRRs in undergraduate populations, long-distance relationships continue to be an ‘understudied’ phenomenon.