Detachment

Riddhima woke up only to find the other side of her bed empty. She called out onto him to see if he was somewhere nearby or in the washroom but got no response. Getting off the bed, she adjusted her clothes and moved to check the bathroom door. To her dismay, it was open and her husband was nowhere to be seen in the room.

Quickly finishing her morning routine, she moved out of the room to ask the hotel manager, the whereabouts of her husband.

"Excuse me, I want to know where is my husband Mr Vansh Raisinghania. I can't find him anywhere." She asked and the manager looked on confused.

"Mam, you checked in alone. Who are you talking about?" The manager replied.

Riddhima was distraught when she heard the manager deny, her checking in with her husband. She remembered that he was the same man who had warmly welcomed them last night, so she insisted on checking the CCTV footage.

The CCTV footage, too, brought in only disappointment and to say she was shocked to find only herself in the footage would be an understatement. How was it possible that only she was visible, she thought. She ran a hand through her hair as bad thoughts started clouding her mind.

"Listen, if this is any of your stupid trick to force people into paying you more then you have messed with the wrong person. I am Mrs Raisinghania. Once my husband gets to know of your trickery, he will sue you all." She tried threatening the manager but that too did not work.

"Madam, we have already showed you the CCTV footage. It is clearly visible that only you entered the hotel last night. You are threatening us on wrong basis. If you do not stop this drama right now then we will have to call the police. We advise you to clear the bills and check out immediately. We can't risk our other customers by letting a mentally ill person stay here."

"What the hell!" She got in an argument with the manager but soon was overpowered when the female staff pushed her outside. She fell on the ground and injured her elbow. Blood started oozing out of the cut but she did not care. All she was concerned about was her husband, her Vansh.

She was very angry on the manager for treating her that way but more than that, she was worried for her Vansh. Neither did he make a call nor did he pick hers. She was happy that last night he at least spoke to her unlike the last few days when he outright denied speaking to her or even looking at her.

Taking a lift from some random stranger who was kind enough to let her in his vehicle, she, somehow, reached Mumbai, praying all the way to her Bappa to keep him safe.

By the time, she reached the VR Mansion, it was already dark. She could see from far away that the mansion was decorated. As she reached the gate, the guard let her in. She could see so many cars parked outside the mansion as well as some were even inside. There were some media vans also parked outside and wondered what could be the reason. Little did the stupid girl know that she was going to get the biggest shock of her life once she gets in.

Stumbling, as she twisted her ankle while running, she went inside the hall of the VR Mansion where there was proper sitting arrangement for more than 100 people and a temporary stage was designed just in front of the stairs. The whole family was present on the stage, sitting on the assigned places while the one whom she wanted to see so badly was nowhere to be seen.

More than half of the seats were already occupied and everybody just like her was waiting for the king himself to descend the stairs and make the announcement. She understood that Vansh has organized a press conference but the reason for it was still unknown. Looking at teh arrangements, she made her heart understand that he left her at the unknown place because he had an important work.