Watt is Wattpad? (Wattpad Blog)

http://musetracks.wordpress.com/2013/01/18/musetracks-guest-kim-hornsby-watt-is-wattpad/#comment-65494

Watt is Wattpad?   In the fall of 2011, I stumbled across a Canadian online site called Wattpad and realized this was a brilliant idea. Does it matter that it’s Canadian, seeing we are talking about the internet? I believe so, because I’m from the Toronto area originally, and we take kudos wherever we can. Go, William Shatner and Avril Lavigne! Okay, Watt is Wattpad? It’s a bulletin board, of sorts, for books, stories, poetry and anything else that falls into the writing category, Wattpad calls themselves “the best place to discover and share stories” and touts the virtues of thousands of available stories for the taking – free! Their selling feature was originally that you could download books to a mobile phone via the free e-reader app, Freda. That was big stuff several years ago and made books available to a much larger audience (and possibly a much younger audience) than those with e readers or those able to afford print books. For anyone who reads several books a week or anyone who likes to start books, loses interest and moves on, Wattpad is a goldmine. Did I mention it’s free?

head over to the site to read the blog...