The Amulet Of Discovery

Abbey had known learning about witchcraft and witchery for a while now but she had never thought that she would be facing a witch elder, in a duel

Abbey woke up one alluring morning ready for another day of her colourless life. Abbey kept out of bed to find out what a curious noise was that was coming from the front door. She crept toward the old French door, only to find a bird scratching at the glass, but the bird seemed to have its eyes locked on abbey. She stared back at him for a little while pondering what he was doing and the next thing she new the door opened. The bird had become an elderly lady that looked awfully familiar.
"What"! Abbey gasped "are you, are you a witch"?
"Yes my child, now, we need to talk" the old woman whispered
The two walked inside, the old gal walked over to abbey's leather couch,
"You wouldn't happen to have a small glass of water, would you?" She queried "oh and yes, my name is Mistress Smith". Abbey left the room as soon as the strange lady finished speaking to fetch her a glass of water. As abbey re entered the living room where mistress was sitting, she noticed that the old lady had been drawing in a small book she had in her hand.
"He is you water Mistress Smith" abbey reluctantly handed over the glass "Do you require anything else?"
"Ahh thank you my dear, you must be wondering why I am here, aren't you?"
That question had been running through abbeys head the whole time.
"Yes actually, could you please inform me?" Abbey has no idea what was going to come out of mistresses lips.
"Abbey, is it? Well, you were correct I am a witch and I am here on behalf of the witchery high council to inform you that your mother has just passed away, and she has left this amulet to you"
"My mother? No, you are mistaken she died a long time ago, when I was young". 'There is no way that my mother is alive' Abbey though.
"This is what she left for you, this is how she received her Fæ, which is the magic that witches use"
"Haha, this must be a dream" a tear rolled down Abbey's face "This is not real"
"If this is a dream my dear, how is it that you can feel this?" Mistress spoke a few words "Fæ Awaken, Fæ Reveal Yourself To Abbey"
"Ah, what are you doing to me you hag!" Abbey stood up but fell to the ground, her body was paralysed "what have you done to me, I'm calling the police!"
"You can't Abbey, the won't believe you" the old hag had put a curse on Abbey to awaken her Fæ "Now, repeat after me to counter this curse, 'Asfæ Asfæ' and you shall be free"
Abbey's mouth had become numb but she could still speak
"ASFÆ ASFÆ" Abbey yelled the words and her body became free again, she stood up and noticed that the amulet of her mothers was glowing.
"Have I become a witch Mistress Smith, have I become a witch!?" Abbey's face began to tense with anticipation
"Abbey my dear, you have always been a witch, you just didn't know it now it is my time to depart, we shall see each other again very soon". Mistress Smith's frail old body began to disappear, all that was left was the little bird. She began flapping her wings and flew out the window. Abbey fell into her lounge chair holding the amulet of her mothers to her heart, she could hear her mothers voice coming from it.
"Abbey, abbey my child, it is your mother and I hope that Mistress Smith has told you what happened, did she?" Abbeys mother's spirit asked
"No mother, how is it that you passed away?" Another tear rolled down abbeys cheek
"Once a witch's Fæ becomes of a certain age, it begins to break down, taking the body with it" said Abbeys mother phoeby "and there is no way to stop this from happening. I had been working on a spell to reverse the ageing process of Fæ but unfortunately, I have run out of time"
"Is there a way for me to continue your work?" Abbey asked
"There is but only a very powerful witch could continue my work, you will have to learn a lot before taking on such a task as preventing Fæ degradation" pheoby said reluctantly "if you travel to London and look for a sign that says 'the clock tower', it will show you. It is time for me to go now but this amulet will allow you to communicate to the dead if you ever need to"
"No, you can't leave me yet, I have so many questions to ask!" But she was gone.