𝗗𝗮𝗶𝗻

Man, working as a bartender was nice.

Y/n did manage to get some decent rest plus some relaxation time but immediately jumped on the opportunity when Diluc mentioned that someone needed to step in for Charles as Angel's Share.

"I'LL DO IT!" y/n exclaimed, eyes blazing.

Diluc blinked once, "Are you sure?"

"Mhm! Mhm!"

"Hm... alright then."

She really enjoyed her first week.

Y/n had met so many people! And she got to chat with Kaeya for hours!

Ah, yes, Kaeya. He was quite the interesting person. Y/n had gotten the chance to really get to know him. You can't quite pick up on things when reading a letter. Not as well as you can when talking face to face.

One thing y/n learned... Kaeya told an awful lot of false truths. Half lies, half truths, they're still lies. Y/n wasn't bothered, everyone has their reasons for these things.

She merely enjoyed chatting with her acquaintance and getting to have nice conversations with new people.

Nothing could ruin this for her...

"...y/n? What're you doing here?"

...damn it. She knew that voice.

Aether and Paimon had just entered the tavern and were staring at y/n with curious expressions, "Didn't expect to see you here."

"What're you guys doing here?" y/n demanded, crossing her arms, "Aren't you a little young to be drinking?"

"I could ask you the same thing." Aether retorted and y/n scowled at him.

"I'm old enough." y/n said sharply, "You, on the other hand, look a like a child."

"I'm older than I look!" Aether complained, about to start a debate.

"We're not here to drink!" Paimon said quickly, "We're here looking for someone!"

"Looking for someone?" y/n echoed, "Hm, maybe I can help you out with that. Do you know what they look like?"

"Well, Katheryne said he's a tall man with blond hair an eyepatch and unsual clothing." Aether listed and y/n hummed.

She snapped her fingers with a, "Aha! Now that I think about it, I have seen someone who fits that description! He drops by here often and when he orders drinks, he'll sometimes mix them himself!"

"You didn't flirt with him, did you?"

"Of course not!" y/n snapped, "We just chatted a little bit. You know, like any normal human being would?"

"Paimon doubts you're a normal human being..." Paimon replied, smirking.

Y/n scowled, "Do you want help or not?"

"Okay! Okay! Paimon will stop now!" Paimon exclaimed, "What else do you know?"

"Well, he ordered some wine yesterday so that he could have it today... I'm guessing he'll be here sometime soon." y/n replied, "You guys can sit up on the second level and wait for him if you'd like."

"Can we order drinks too?" Aether questioned, "Dandelion wine sounds real good right now-"

"The only thing you're getting is fruit juice or cat shit in a cup." y/n said voice almost as cold as her e/c eyes, "Now go, you've officially ruined my day."

"Damn, okay-" Paimon looked surprised, "Come on Aether! Let's go sit upstairs!"

Y/n watched as they went. She'd withheld a little bit of information, simply because it wasn't any of their business.

~~~ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ•°*

A couple days before, y/n met a rather charming gentleman who went by the name of Dainsleif. Of course, y/n starting simping but she was surprisingly able to chat with him normally.

Probably because he was quiet the entire time and only nodded or hummed.

Y/n was just happy she could talk to him normally without simping, what a miracle!

Y/n settled for calling him Dain since she constantly mispronounced his name but Dainsleif didn't seem to mind at all.

He just enjoyed being around the nervous ray of sunshine with the pleasant presence so he was okay with her giving him a nickname.

Now that I think about it, his behind probably goes to the tavern just so he can see y/n. He could be having a terrible day but as soon as he enters that tavern and sees y/n's face-

His day is suddenly ten times better.

"Hey there, Dainsleif!" y/n chirped when he entered the tavern, "Here are the drinks you ordered yesterday! Hope you enjoy them!"

"Thank you, y/n." he hummed.

"No problem!" she exclaimed as he wandered off to go sit at a table, 'GYAAHAAGAHAHAJA HES SO PRETTY GOLT SJSOEHE SISMWNWKSNXMSKAOAHAOQHQOAJAKAAHAJAJAAQAA SIR, LLEASS MARRY ME AAAAAAAAKAJWJQKQJWJ'

She had to duck down behind the counter to calm herself down.

Aether, snooping from the second floor, noticed this and didn't quite like what he was seeing.

Watching y/n simp over someone was always unpleasant. He could practically hear her fangirling, it was so disturbing-

"Looks like he's here!" Paimon exclaimed, "Let's go chat with him!"

Aether nodded, "Right."

(Bruh something is going around my school and now I think I've got it 🫠)