Undressing

"Quit squirming so much," Kyungsoo sighs. "You're going to hurt yourself. Again."

When you still, he attempts to pull your shirt over your head once more. His warmth radiates outward but never quite reaches you, just out of range somewhere behind you. He is gentle in his approach, his fingers grazing against the bare skin of your back as he rolls the material up. The friction of his touch sends a shiver down your spine and you have to fight the urge to bolt. Not that you'd get very far - you tweaked your back moving into your new apartment, hence why you're relying on his help just to undress.

Needing another person's help to remove some clothes so you can wash off... It's embarrassing. You're a grown woman. You shouldn't need to ask Kyungsoo for help, not with something like this. Just the mere thought of him seeing you bare, your body on display for him, his eyes taking in every curve and-

Heat floods your cheeks. Kyungsoo is a good man who would never take advantage of such a situation. After so many years you trust him, and yet the image of him pinning you down to the bed remains vivid in your mind. Hiding your face in the crook of your shoulder, you raise your arms to facilitate the slow process of getting ready to bathe. He continues his dutiful efforts, either oblivious or indifferent to your inner turmoil.

You know, in part, it's wishful thinking. Years of pining culminating in a fervor of red hot lust, your body craving what your mind knows not to touch. It's that hopeless romantic deep inside that has fallen head over heels in love with one of your closest friends and you know it's wishful thinking... but only in part.

There's another side of you that doesn't care that his eyes shine that much brighter when you enter a room, that maybe there is a chance for something greater between you both - this other side of you is much more guarded, with stone walls and a tower reminiscent of an ancient sentry post. If you strip away your carnal thoughts, what remains is your selfish pride, and it despises vulnerability.

Relying on others, even Kyungsoo, makes you feel weak and it's a feeling you loathe.

"It's fine," you say, dropping your arms just as the shirt reaches your collarbone. Rolled into a bunch atop your breasts, it brushes against your chin as you look down at the floor. "I can do it myself."

"Are you uncomfortable?"

"Well, I mean... a bit, yeah."

His body is close enough to yours that you can feel him nod before he stands. The bed puffs up within seconds, reforming to its original shape. He doesn't leave but instead walks into the bathroom. Water bursts through the faucet and into the ceramic tub, gurgling as it flows down the drain until the clink of the plug silences it. He drops the bath bomb he brought over as a get-well gift into the steadily rising water. It makes an unceremonious plop. A moment passes before he deems the bath ready and he shuts off the flow. He returns with your fluffy robe in tow.

"After you finish undressing, put this on as best as you can and call me back in. I'll help you into the bath and you won't have to worry about me seeing anything."

With a determined stride, he crosses the room and places the robe in your lap, careful not to jostle you. The robe is warm and soft under your trembling fingers. A flicker of movement marks his exit. There's a brief surge of pain deep in your lower back as you snap your head up to follow his afterimage. By the time you're blinking the confusion away, your bedroom door closes with a quiet sigh.

The room is lonelier without him in it.

Wrapping your fingers around your bunched shirt, you inch it up and over your head. It isn't a hard task. Keeping your back stock still and your arms like boards, utilising the joints in your wrist to maneuver the shirt off your body, it doesn't bring much pain. Soon the shirt is discarded on the floor. Next will be the bra. It seems like the easiest to follow up with. The pants and underwear will be a battle in their own right.

Now that his tantalising touch is gone, you're able to put safety first. Cautious of moving too far in any direction, you pull your elbows back to reach around to the clasps. It sends a sudden jolt of searing pain down your back. You then try to reach over your shoulders to release the contraption. Pain follows. Resorting to a tactic you didn't wish to pursue, you grab the underwire of your bra and slip out of it just as you had the shirt.

Warmth suffocates your pores. Dabbing at the sweat building on your brow, you curse under your breath. All this because you slipped on a puddle of water in a restaurant. You want to scream but bite it back, instead looking down at your pants. Sweats, loose, comfy - they should be easy enough to get out of. At least you didn't have buttons to worry about. It should be straightforward. Pinning a section of excess cotton under your heel, you tried to yank your other foot back and away, to shimmy out of the pants. They don't budge, stretching but remaining on your body.

With a defeated yelp, you wrap the robe around your exposed top-half and yell for Kyungsoo.

"Ready to g-" He takes in your struggling, heaving form and there's a sliver of concern in his eyes before he masks his emotions. "Would you like help getting out of those pants?"

At your gaping expression, he clears his throat, clarifying his intentions. Of course he didn't mean to insinuate anything. The innuendo in his words was an accident, and you're looking too deep into it. That silly hope of yours is back. Your ears burn but you nod, accepting his hasty explanation.

Gesturing for you to stand, his hands wrap around your waist to steady you. There's a constant, dull throb shooting upward from within the curve of your back. You hiss a sharp exhale between clenched teeth as you straighten your posture.

"Careful," he murmurs, his fingers tapping your hips. "Take it easy."

"Okay, sorry."

The smile on his lips lingers, sweet and intoxicating as he shakes his head. Hooking the band of your sweats in his grasp, he pulls them down past your thighs. Free of your form, the pants fall neatly to the floor, pooling around your ankles. He takes a step backwards while beckoning you forward with the flick of a finger. Following his lead, you step out of the pants, leaving them by your bed.

"Can you finish or should I continue?"

Slipping into the arms of the robe and wearing it as the design intended, the hem drapes down to your feet. "Can you take them off like this?"

"Whatever is most comfortable for you."

Dropping to his knees in front of you, his soft brown eyes lock onto yours. Without breaking contact, his hands slip inside your robe. Electricity tingles wherever his touch meets your skin. Tracing down your sides until his fingers catch on your panties, the gentleness of his feather-light caress makes you gasp. It tickles when he pulls the fabric off your body, nails teasing your flesh every inch along the way. Once more you step free of your garments, closer to Kyungsoo.

"Thank you," you breathe out the words.

"Of course."

Air rushes between your bodies as he stands. If you leant forward, you would've collided with his chest. The only barrier separating you both are his clothes and your robe, though your flimsy attempt at tying it off is proving futile as your breasts peek through. For a split second he glances down, taking in the sight before averting his gaze. His hands are much clumsier now and you think he must be nervous as he tries to close the widening gap. Biting back a moan each time his fingers graze against your sensitive skin, you close your eyes and try to focus on anything else.

It's his turn to say sorry and you just laugh it off. When you open your eyes, you're greeted with a flustered Kyungsoo. Scratching the back of his neck, his gaze still avoids your body. No one could ever say he is anything less than a gentleman. Using your pinky finger to brush against his, you summon his attention back to the present predicament. You still needed his help getting into the bath, maybe even washing up.

Regaining his composure, his soft smile returns as he offers you his arm to hold. "Now let's get you into that bath."