The idea

Ink had been on an incredibly long creation spree. Error had often gone to destroy with wounds not cleaned right, or bones that hadn't healed even a bit. Ink's new creation spree had lasted a little over two millenia, and Error often struggled to keep up because of his injuries. Whenever he would stop a bit for a break and go back home to patch up his injuries, the voices would be screaming at him since he needed to keep the balance of the Multiverse. However, one day Ink's creation spree ended, and Error knew this was his chance. So he went and destroyed left and right. Not being sloppy, but still being as fast as he could.

After destroying 12 aus (copies), he only needed to destroy a few more, but while he was getting rid of another au, he ran into the star sanses, a name Error thought was quite dumb and plain. He also didn't like it since he actually liked stars, and that's why he would often star gaze in Outertale.

He attacked first, wanting to hide how hurt he truly was. He dodged and attacked, getting hit multiple times, and even lost movement in a leg. Thankfully it somehow stayed attached, so he could fake being fine. When he saw his chance, he opened a glitchy portal back to the Anti-Void. Anywhere else and he would be followed. He ignored the voices, and waited for his leg to heal, stitching up his clothes while he waited. When his leg was healed, he got ready to go back out again. He decided to destroy other aus, and then going back to finish destroying the one he left behind.

Error left and started destroying again. He destroyed two extra aus so he wouldn't have to go destroying immediately, and returned to home.

As Error just layed there, with injuries all over, many were able to be healed from his wait for his leg to heal, but that was only to the point of it working, so it was still in danger of falling off again, or his other wounds reopening. Error closed his eyes, and sighed. He was actually quite glad in that moment. He had a break from his long and tiresome workload, even if the break turned out to only be a minute or two, he would be happy with it. So he layed there, in silence for once, as the voices didn't shout at him, except the occasional comment or two.

Eventually, Error heard someone speak up to him. "Hello Error, are you able to hear us again?" Someone asked. Error opened his eyes to look at who it was, before stopping himself, and flashing a grin. This voice was one of the SOULs he's caught before. Often he'll take Frisk, or their equivalents' SOUL so they can't reset their world, although it isn't always necessary. More SOULs spoke up, "Is he deaf?" "I don't think so." "He isn't deaf little ones, simply tired." "Uh-ummm. Who are you people?" 'Ahh, a newbie.' Error thought. "Oh! We were also caught by Error, little one. Error is the skeleton down there." "He really does seem BONE TIRED!" to this, there were many groans and fits of laughter present. Error groaned, but he had a smile on his face. He preferred these voices to the ones always screaming at him. Error sat up. "Oh! He isn't deaf after all!" The same voice that joked before pointed out. "How does he hear without ears?" Error chuckled at that, although it was light. "Hi mister Error!" Another voice spoke up. This one was always nice to him, even from the beginning. Most of the voices were hostile or scared of him in the beginning. But, for some reason, they each eventually grew nice to him, and the SOULs would have long conversations... when he could hear them. (Not going to type out glitches here.) "Why don't you guys tell the newbies everything? I'm going to just lay here for awhile." There were sounds of okays and fines heard throughout the Anti-void, and so Error heard his own story told to the new SOULs. When it was all done, one asked, "Is there any way for us to get a body? Just sitting here is kinda boring..." Other SOULs agreed it was very boring, but none of them had any ideas how to get a body. Then, one of the new SOULs spoke up. "What about these puppets? They look really cool! I-uh, think the red one looks really cool! He has a gold tooth and everything!" Silence followed this, until Error sat up. "Actually," He started, "that might just work. Plus, this means I still technically have control over you all." His smile widened. The other SOULs started to get excited, all wanting to be first, until one of them shushed the others, one of the first SOULs brought here. "Quiet! The one who thought of the idea goes first, even if they are a newbie." They said. They all often called her Sensei, originally it was Master, but when one called her Sensei, they thought it sounded better. Error thanked Sensei, and brought down the SOUL, as well as the Puppet it liked. It was an underfell puppet. He didn't want to destroy his work, but he also didn't want for them to just inhabit any puppet, so he spoke. "I'll make another underfell puppet for you. But, is there anything you want to add or change about it?" The SOUL spoke, it wanted more yellow on the coat, and a pink flower in it's 'hair'. It explained that in its world, it remembers seeing a pretty pink flower while still on the surface. It's the only thing it can remember tho. Error nodded at this, having already started the puppet. It took awhile, but he eventually made the puppet. He attached it to his strings, and brought it over to the SOUL. Said SOUL thanked Error, and, if it could cry, it would. Then the SOUL attached itself to the puppet. Error noticed a change in the puppet's code. The puppet was able to control the strings attached to it, although this could be over run by Error, of course. It also chose a name for itself. The SOUL was now known as Puppet. Error looked confused, so Puppet explained. "I thought it was only fair since I was the first... Did I choose wrong?" Error only smiled and shook his head, reassuring Puppet. Error worked on puppets for the SOULs for multiple hours. Sensei chose an underswap sans, but with a light green fade in the scarf the more it went to the back where the tips were. Sensei also had dark green tips on their gloves, and dark green outlining their blue boots. Other then this, they wanted their starry eyes to be dark blue, not light blue. Error made their puppet, and Sensei attached itself to the puppet. Only 5 other puppets were made, as it did take a long time to make a puppet, but Error's lost perception of time helped. When he finished the last puppet, each SOUL moved around in their new bodies. They were still trapped, but they could move freely around the Anti-void. Error smiled at their happiness, before he created a hammock and layed down, deciding to take a break. He couldn't make more puppets anyways, since he was almost out if yarn. He promised the others that he would make more bodies for them another time, so he spent the rest of his time chatting with the SOULs until he, somehow, fell asleep. He had a hard time being able to do so before because of the constant cracks of his own SOUL, and the screeching of the voices.

(The end! Hope you all enjoyed! I saw someone write an idea of this, not even a one-shot, and thought it was a great idea! For a long time I just let the idea stay in my mind, not paying much attention to it. But I decided to act upon it recently, after not seeing a story with Error's puppets. If there's a tag you think I should add, or something I should put into the story, please tell me! Also, Error isn't friends with Blue in this book, and also never kidnapped him.)