Blue skies, white clouds
Time passes
Orange skies, purple clouds

The written haiku echoed through your mind. You finished the last character on the parchment, pulling your arm back finished with the poem. You dropped your sleeve allowing your arm to free itself from writing. A sigh escaped your lips which was quickly met by a sip of tea after.

The gentle taste of the green tea eased your mind before you looked back to the poem.

Evening skies plagued your mind and dreams.

The blue of a perfect day plagued by the orange of an evening night. Although beautiful it ruined the image of a perfected day in your mind. You looked around your room finding the most of your recent poems and paintings followed this idea.

The imagery being a blue sky turning orange. The vividness varying with each.

Your hand held onto your temples as the thought plagued you.

"Captain Kuromizumi! Are you awake?" The yelling broke you from your trance brining your attention to the screen door entrance.

"I'm awake Izuru-san, you can come in." You ordered setting your arms on the table.

Izuru pulled the door open walking into your quarters. He bowed his head in your presence.

"Captain, just making sure you were adapting to your quarters." He said looking at you with some nervousness in his tone.

A sly chuckle rose from your chest before you placed your chin on your fist.

"I was promoted from the Kidō Corps in the span of a week. It's a little, well a lot of just rolling with the punches." You let out.

"Come and sit with me." You offered to which he gracefully agreed. Taking a seat adjacent to you at your table.

"Tea?"

"No thank you sir."

"Alright.." You smiled pouring more tea into your cup.

"So you were in the Kidō corps sir?" He questioned staring at you. You nodded placing the cup back down on the table.

"Yes, Vice-Chief Commander. But that position pales in comparison to this. I actually have to use my Zanpakutō now." You explained with a chuckle. He smiled too nodding his head along.

"You must be a force to be reckoned with if you received such a promotion." He added causing you to laugh.

"I owe it all to her." You said pointing to your Zanpakutō. Which sat comfortably on a sword stand near a window.

"I see sir.." Izuru chimed staring at your Zanpakutō. Your eyes too trailed off to your Zanpakutō. It's purple gaurd was styled similarly to other Zanpakutō. The only difference being a small ribbon at the handles end. This ribbon holding onto a Cresent moon. It's gaurd was its most unique part. Having a 4 petal blossom shape. It had a moon and pond on its design. With stars across it.

A laugh escaped your lips. It was true she was the real breadwinner. She got you here in the first place.

Your mind traced it's way back a week ago where you were first examined. Yes, a week ago..

"Now demonstrate this skill that is so esteemed by the Chief and Commander of the Kidō corps." Yamamoto requested joined by Captain Unohana to his right and Captain Kyoraku to his left.

"Yes, I'd very much like to see this highly capable shinigami." Kyoraku chimed in scratching at his neck hairs.

You stood in your shihakusho and wrapped around you was a Kidō Corps cape, colored in a light blue with flower designs at its bottom. You felt oddly awkward to be standing in it. Especially in front of such esteemed captains. To your side was your Kidō Corps Chief and Commander Ichisō Kyuutenrai.

She scoffed hearing the remarks before looking up to you.

"Show em what yer made of Chief." She commanded which caused you to laugh awkwardly.

You quickly stripped yourself of your cloak placing it neatly behind you.

"Firstly as the Vice Chief and Commander of the Kidō corps I am well versed in the usage of all Kidō. I am able to reach level 99 in Hadō. Levels 90 to 99 with incantation. As well as level 99 in Bakudō. All of which without incantation." You explained rubbing the side of your arm.

"I also know some of the Forbidden Kidō and hidden Kidō techniques. Having added my own variations to Kidō techniques as well." Hearing this the captains nodded in surprise before Unohana spoke.

"How is your healing Kaidō?" She questioned smiling as she did so.

"I am well versed in healing kaidō mam, likely not as well as you but I can do what I can." You explained which caused her to nod.

"This is very well expected of you being a Vice-Chief of the Kidō Corps. However, do your skills in Hohou, Hakuda and Zanjutsu match?" Yamamoto questioned once more. You cleared your throat before bowing your head.

You had quickly appeared in front of him to which he quickly opened his eyes in surprise. You then appeared behind him before quickly appearing back in your spot.

"Hohou, I am one of the fastest in the Kidō corps. Likely in the Soul Soceity too."

"Hrmph, so it seems." He mumbled causing Kyoraku to snicker.

"And what of your Hakuda?" Kyoraku questioned.

"I can hold my own with my fists sir. Chief Kyuutenrai taught me her own style. With my Zanpakutō's ability I am able to match another fighter's physical techniques." You explained to which they nodded.

"Then likely your Zanjutsu meets that mold too aye?" Kyoraku remarked which caused you to nod.

"And finally your Zanpakutō. Demonstrate your shikai and bankai, if you have either." Yamamoto commanded.

"Hai." You bowed before holding out your left hand. Beneath it a prism of green kidō formed. In it hovered your zanpakutō. The cube released allowing for your hand to pull out your zanpakutō.

You held it in front of you, allowing your breath to release onto it.

"Peer into a pool of mirrors." You quickly withdrew the blade from its sheath

Your mind caught back to you with Izuru sitting in front if you slightly confused by your lack of words. You let out a quick laugh summoning your strength to pull you from your seat.

"I'd best get ready if you don't mind Izuru."

"Of course sir." He replied quickly jumping to his feet. He bowed before taking his leave.

You nodded to this quickly walking to your kimono rack. From it you pulled your captain's haori and shihakusho. Quickly you wrapped both around you tying the sash around your waist before keeping your captains haori around your shoulders. You tied your hair up into a high pony tail leaving two strand to trail down the sides of your face. To finish you wrapped a purple scarf around you allowing the end to trail off behind you.

You opened your sliding door walking out you slid your clogs on. They were wooden sandals with 1 heel at its center. It was about 3 inches off the ground which added to your height. (Which you needed)

It was finally time to start off this new job.

#1192