dreams do come true

Have you ever questioned yourself "what if you get to see your favorite celebrity"? "what would you talk to him? will you be able utter a word when he is in front of you? How will you behave?". Of course, You have! everyone does, no matter what age they are in. I had done the same, but with lot more intensity. I am not just a fan of his, I am the crazy fan of the show he did, that crazy that I started writing the fanfiction, opened and Instagram and twitter fan pages, made fan channel on YouTube. I discussed about him to every person I met. People called me insane, my loved once didn't bother though they all thought It's just a phase of my life.

                                                                  #

I was in my last year of my Business School. Loved once who were supportive of my fan girl behavior now started getting concerned, they wanted me to focus on my studies. I tried hard to follow their advice; it was difficult phase for me. I was a bright student, but would only score average marks, simply because I had lesser interests in the subjects I took. was always drawn to creativity, Languages and History always had a soft corner in my heart, as they had stories in them. stories that evolved the society. stories of bravery and courage, stories of love, hope, and dreams. Even though I never disliked business studies, I was not that attracted to it as I did for languages and history. However, I don't regret joining the business school as I got my dearest friend through it. when I spoke of my fear of failing to her. She showed the book in which I wrote the fanfiction. Showed me the videos I edited of my favorite celebrity (BARUN SOBTI). I was taken a back, here I was trying hard to not get distracted by it, and here my friend was shoving it on my face. I shouted on her "are you mad? final exams are in few days and you are trying to distract me."  Then she told be something which no one ever said to me, the suggestion which I never thought I would ever take. It was disbelieving. For a minute I thought she is delusional. So, I ignored it, or at least pretended to ignore.

                                                                        #

Shortly the exams got over. There was a lot of time for the results to arrive. I had already started applying for the masters. I Binge watched my favorite show, was very much active on twitter and Instagram now that I have all the time in the world.  the suggestion my friend gave me was sprinting in my mind every now and then. So, I took a deep breath, this time instead of reading the fanfiction from other fans. I published the one that I wrote. My friend told me that I have writer hidden within me. So, I took a shot. I knew it was a piece of a crap because my English was not that great. Anyways I posted it because there was no harm. The readers don't know me personally. So, if they find it's a bad book no one would through tomatoes or eggs. I started publishing one chapter at a time. Slowly people started reading it. the numbers were growing after each post. I got feedbacks helping me to improve where I was getting wrong in my grammar and language.

                                                                        #

  Then came a day that shook the core of mine. The dreams I had seen, had a possibility of getting fulfilled, the chance of meeting my favorite celebrity was here. There was a contest on twitter, if I won then I could get an invite to the premiere of his latest release. Although I participated, I knew winning the contest had possibility of barely 1percent as he has millions of fans and thousands of them already applied. I did not want to raise my hope only to get crashed down. So, on the day of winner's announcement, I did not go through twitter instead re-visited my favorite show. The day was 6th of October of 2018 time was 8:47 pm. I checked my phone that had hundreds of notifications on my twitter. Even more on Instagram. My hands very shaky when I saw what it notified. There was one message from the organizers of the contest with passes of the premier night. hundreds other of other fans congratulating me for the win. The contest organizers had already announced the winners on their twitter handle. I was dazed. I could not feel anything for hours I was that numb. Taking the screenshot of it I shared it with my loved once, asking them if it's true or I had crossed the limits of my obsession. Will I be admitted in to a mantel asylum?