Tadahoney

Chapter 1:

He's here, I think as I look at his moped parked outside the school. I walk inside not noticing I'm smiling. I walk down the hall to get to my class so I can work on my new invention. I've thought of so many ideas for it overnight. But none of them are good enough of course. I walk in the doors of my class and immediately see many robotic-loving teens with their inventions.

I see things from nonflammable suits to rocket boots. These inventions are amazing, I think to myself. I start walking over to my "office" when I see Wasabi and Gogo on the other side of the room arguing about Gogo "invading his work place".

Will they ever stop? Knowing them they probably won't. They're polar opposites. Wasabi always goes by the rules and Gogo, well, doesn't. She's not afraid to break any rules.

I walk into my own work place and I look over at my invention so far. A ball. Well, not just a ball. A big ball of tungsten carbyte. Ugh, what can I do with a big ball of- PINK! I look around hoping I didn't say that out loud. I run over to my desk with a variety of different tubes, beakers, and liquids. I put in my earbuds in and start mixing many liquids and chemicals. Music always helps me work faster.

I was just about done when I could've sworn I heard someone call my name. I turn around and see Tadashi leaning against the door frame.

"TADASHI!" I say. He slightly jumps but covers it up with a smile. I've always loved his smile. I run over and hug him. He hugs me back.

"ITS SO GOOD TO SEE YOU!" I say and wonder why I can barely here myself- wait. I pull my earbuds out and look at him. He starts laughing.

"Sorry if I burst your eardrums. I always forget I have these in". I laugh.

"It's okay," he laughs,"I have a little brother. He always talks to me about his new bot until my ears are numb."

"You have a brother?! Ooh- when do I get to meet him?!"

"I'll try to bring him over tomorrow if I can. He thinks this place if for nerds." He says.

"Well he's not wrong". A ding sounded at my desk. "Ooh-it's done!"

"Wow," said Tadashi, "That's huge ball of tungsten carbyte".

"800 pounds of it! Watch this." I run over to my desk and grab my spray flask full of pink gas. I run back over to the giant ball of tungsten carbyte. I take the spray flask and start spraying the ball with the gas. Pink fills the room and instantly goes away. Soon the ball was completely pink.

"Wow," Tadashi says staring at the giant pink ball. "This is what you've been working on?" He says as he laughs. He walks around the pink ball, examining it.

"Yeah!" I grab his arm. "Isn't it great?!"

He walks over to it. "Yeah, very, uh-pink. What does it do?" He reaches out his finger and touches it.

"Wait don't-" The giant pink ball explodes with pink. Pink fills the room like a thick fog and disappears soon after. It took me a moment to realize the mini explosion knocked me over onto Tadashi.

I sit up and wipe my glasses off. I look over at Tadashi, who is laying on the ground, and start laughing. He was covered with pink. He sits up, wipes his eyes, and starts laughing too. I look down and see that I am covered in pink too.

We both sit there laughing until Tadashi stands up and holds out his hand. I take it and he helps me up.

"So that's what it does." He says as he starts wiping the pink off his clothes. He laughs again. "I can already hear Hiro cracking jokes about this when I get home". He says as he gestures to his clothes.

"I guess I have to use a little less hydrogen floxide". I say as I laugh.

"Guys you need to tell Gogo to stop-oh. Was I interrupting something?" Honey and Tadashi turn around to see Wasabi standing in the doorway.

He looks around the pink filled room. The walls and the floor were covered with pink. He looks at our pink covered clothes and looks back at our faces.

"Uh, I'll just-" he points over his shoulder with his thumb and starts walking away.

"Wasabi," Tadashi laughs, "Honey Lemon was just showing me her new invention."

"Oh, it looks like it's uh- going great." Wasabi responds.

"Yeah! It just needs a few adjustments". I laugh.

"What did you need?" Tadashi asks.

"For you guys to tell Gogo to stop messing with my stuff! I have a system!" Wasabi says in that tone of voice he always uses when dealing with Gogo.

"Oh, women up!" Gogo yells from the other room.

Wasabi stomps away. Tadashi and I look at each other. Tadashi shakes his head and I roll my eyes.

"Well, I better get going with my own invention. I'm hoping to get to show Hiro. He may not say it but he's a nerd himself." He laughs.

I smile at him. "Yeah, I'll just clean this up. It was never gonna work anyways. I don't know what I was thinking." I say.

"Well then try again until it does work." Tadashi responds with a smile.

"It's a big ball of pink, Tadashi." I say back not returning the smile. I turn around and start putting back the beakers with chemicals and liquids I used. I turn around to go to the cabinet when Tadashi walks right up in front of me.

"I'm not giving up on you." He grabs the beakers from my hands and goes over to my desk and turns on my chemical generator. He stops and walks back over to me. He grabs both of my hands and starts swaying his body with a goofy smile on his face.

"Tadashi." I try to pull my hands away but he holds on. He pulls me around, attempting to dance.

He twirls me and I laugh. "What are you doing?" I ask still laughing. He twirls me again.

"Look for a new angle." He says with a laugh. He twirls me one more time and dips me. I laugh as I look at the upside down room.

I look at my chemical generator that is now in front of me. And upside down. And I see something. Something...new. An idea.

I stand up and look at Tadashi. "I have an idea." He looks at me and smiles. I squeal and hug him. "Thank you, Tadashi! You're the best." I let go and get to work

***
(I decided to keep this part in chapter 1 because why the heck not)

He's gone, I think as the tears run down my face. He was here but now he's gone. Just like that. It hurts. It doesn't seem real. It feels like he's still here. But he's not.

I stare at his casket in front if me. Hiro and his aunt stand next to me staring down at it also. I look at the man standing, facing the group of sad faces. He's saying something. Something about Tadashi. I look at Hiro. He's staring at the ground with his eyes closed, tears streaming down his face. He opens his eyes but still looks at the ground.

I inch closer to him. I put my hand on his shoulder. He looks up at me with red, puffy eyes. I may not know him very well but we have something in common. We both miss Tadashi.