𝗠𝗶𝘀𝘂𝗻𝗱𝗲𝗿𝘀𝘁𝗮𝗻𝗱𝗶𝗻𝗴

"So now that we've got the flowers, how do we make the perfume?" Paimon asked after y/n had paid Bolai half price before being dragged away by Aether.

"Ideally, with the help of an expert. Unfortunately, none of my acquaintances have personal experience in the art of decoction..." Zhongli murmured then glanced at y/n, "Though y/n has mentioned she used to work at a perfume shop..."

"I only know a little about perfume-making. I've only learned by watching so my skills are mediocre." y/n said with an apologetic smile.

"Talk about first-world problems..." Paimon sighed heavily, disappointed.

"Hence, I need you to help by asking around in the city." Zhongli told them, "Try the common folk, especially women."

"So this time we get to go around town looking for nice-smelling ladies to talk to?" Paimon gasped, "Paimon likes this job!"

"I will wait for you near the Statue of The Seven. Meet me there when the perfume is ready-" Zhongli began to say but y/n was already sprinting away.

"Y/n! Where are you going?" Aether shouted after her as she ran.

"I'm gonna go find nice-smelling women to talk to, obviously!" y/n shouted back, clearly delighted.

"Well. Y/n seems to know what to do. C'mon! Let's follow her!" Paimon exclaimed.

Y/n got to Lan first, e/c eyes bright, "Hey there Lan, you smell wonderful today!"

"Oh!" Lan seemed surprised by the sudden compliment but smiled, "Thank you, y/n! You smell quite nice yourself."

Y/n was practically glowing, so happy that her brains decided to forget hiw speaking worked..

"Hey, uh, do you know how to make perfume?" Aether asked for y/n since the girl clearly wasn't going to be able to form a proper sentence.

"Do I look like the kind of girl who wears perfume to you?" Lan asked, "I think you're underestimating the kind of person I am..."

"Well, Paimon thinks you smell amazing!" Paimon chirped, "So come on Lan, what's your secret?"

"Oh, it must be from the Qingxin flowers I picked on the way back. I forgot I still had them with me..." Lan laughed, almost embarrassed.

"Aha! The truth is out, Lan's got a soft spot for wildflowers!" Paimond declared.

"Ahh... No, they were for medicinal use only." Lan told them with a shake of her head, "Anyway, this is a pointless conversation. If you want to know about perfume, try talking to Qiming."

Y/n snapped out of her daze, "The fortune teller, right? Got it! Thanks!"

She sprinted away before Aether or Paimon could react, already halfway around the corner when they realized she was gone.

"Just how fast is she?" Aether wondered aloud before hurrying after her.

By the time she actually found her, she was getting ready to go elsewhere.

She waved to Aether and Paimon when she spotted them, "Hey! Let's go to Scent of Spring! Qiming suggested that we go to Ying'er if we wanna learn something about perfume!"