1 | Hidden Scars

A calm silence was interrupted by birds chirping in the bright morning. The sun was barely out yet but a boy named Leon Maria Dokia was sitting on the porch of the newly bought house. He was sipping a mug of coffee until a yawn interrupted his train of thoughts.

"Morning," A voice murmured in the silence. "Good morning, Rayden," The fairly pale-skinned male replied shortly after. Rayden sat down next to the boy and let out a sigh, closing his eyes.

"I'd better get packing... Have you finished already?" Leon let out a hum in response, indicating that he, indeed did. The boy with black and a patch of light brown hair sat up and turned away, going to pack his own things, leaving the sleep-deprived adult alone to bask in the warm rays that the newly risen sun produced. 'This is going to be an interesting road trip,' He supposed in his head.

Dokia sat up and went to the bathroom and stared into the mirror when he got there. Raising his hand, Leon put his hair into pigtails and left the remaining hair to lie on his back. Stray hairs floated onto his face and he didn't mind it, continuing to brush the remaining back hair. Then, he got a small lip balm and applied it to his lips, and popped his lips to smear it all over his lips to keep it from drying up. He grabbed his coat that was hanging on the towel hanger and exited the room.

That's when he ran into Minji and immediately said, "You're not driving, by the way." The pink-haired girl glared offended looks into his eyes and turned away with a huff, crossing her arms and entering the bathroom. A voice hollered from downstairs, "I made breakfast!"

Taking his luggage from his room quickly, Leon walked downstairs and smelled a delicious scent. 'Pancakes.' Once he got down, Dokia sat his luggage down beside Rayden's luggage and bags and went to sit down in the kitchen. A male with a bunny mask covering half of his face and wearing an apron looked at the meal in satisfaction. "Looks delicious!" The person now beside him said loudly. Looking over, he saw sparkles in the lavender eyes of Minji Kōrudo.

"Yeah, because you both can't cook shit," An impatient male said. The pink-haired girl muttered a cuss word and frowned at the male in front of them. "But, Yoyelleee..." The female complained. "Rayden, you mean?" "Yoyelle" huffed in annoyance. "Just eat your food already! It's getting cold." Leon dove in and thought he was in heaven. "IT'S SO GOOD!" Kōrudo mumbled, mouth full of food. "Eat before you talk, Minji," Dokia coaxed her.

That's when hell broke out as he sipped his cup of tea while the two other adults were tackling each other and insulting each other, although they both didn't mean it. A bored expression was on his own face and he just silently drank his tea.

Leon had to forcefully separate both of them, making a threat to eat both of their plates. They immediately stopped fighting and silently glared daggers into each other's faces. He had a stern look on his face as he left the house to put all the luggage and bags into the trunk. Grabbing his own bag, he placed it in the back chairs. The plan was to get to Canada with him and Rayden switching seats now and then. Minji was not happy with the plans but she was happy since she could sleep on the back chairs, laying down.

After finishing that, he went back inside and told both of them to pack snacks and some water. They would be staying there for 2 weeks so they would need a lot of things. Before getting into the car, Leon checked if all 3 of them had all essentials for the trip. They all finished checking and the 3 of them went into the car and closed the doors. He turned the car on and off they went. The night before, Leon had gone out of his way to get the gas tank full since that was common sense, right?

"I found love... where it wasn't supposed to be... right in front of me.. talk some sense to me."

He quietly sang the song, "I Found" by Amber Run and sat, staring out the window and observing the clouds. That's when he saw something like an x in the sky and observed it carefully. He theorized something would happen when they arrived in Canada, but he could be wrong. Loud snoring was heard over the soft sound of the song. Rayden was humming while casually holding out a hand, indicating that he wanted a snack since Dokia was holding a chip bag. Light crinkles sounded as he reached into the bag and grabbed a chip, tossing it into his mouth.

"Are we there yet?" He started. "No. Now shut up and go to sleep like Minji," An annoyed voice replied. Leon chuckled at that and laid his head back, slowly closing the chip bag and putting it on the ground. It felt like forever, but he enjoyed the trip to Canada. He remembered Kōrudo and Julien arguing which chocolate was better. Even though the light yellow-eyed boy had tuned them both out to continue driving, Leon chuckled at some silly remarks they both threw at each other. Turning his head back, Dokia saw Minji spread out on the back seats and had a lazy expression on. He grabbed the chips and placed them on the available space that Minji couldn't randomly kick and then turned around again to sit back down and relax.

The bluenette eyed some birds and turned down the music. He rolled down the window and listened to the birds chirping, as well as the cars moving fast. The pale boy finally felt at peace and he finally didn't need to be on the defensive all the time or be cautious of every single person. The battles were over, scars were still present, yet their personalities never changed. He smiled at that and closed his window, closed his eyes, and let his world come to a black void.

All done! This was really fun to write and there might be more of this AU and more information about some battles or "scars". The Canada AU sounds fun so I think I'll keep writing about this AU until I'm satisfied. I hope you enjoyed this and I surpassed my word goal! ^^ I'll be back~

-graywhatsit