6| lost illusions

6 | lost illusions

6 | lost illusions

"I HATE THIS PLACE" With an agitated expression, Rosemary peered at the chosen location for their luncg– the bridge by the lake.  It didn't hold the fondest of memories to her, and she never did outgrow her cowering distaste to the place. And it was arguably the quietest, most intimate spot in Stars Hollow, which made sense why Jess had this place in mind when he thought he'd be going there with Rory.

With a devilish smirk, Jess sat down on the bridge, placing the basket next to him. "So I've heard."

Forcefully sitting down besides him, she widened her eyes in realisation.  "You knew I hate this place you evil, foul man."

     "I may have overheard something about you falling into the lake and being traumatised for the rest of your life, yes." Of course Luke was the one to tell him, being the only one to witness that scene besides Lorelai. She remembered that day almost vividly, how her ten year-old self was walking along the bridge, her nose stuck in her copy of Oliver Twist, and managed to trip and fall into the lake. The worst part was that she took her copy of Oliver Twist down with her.

      "Actually," Her face brightened as she recalled a moment last week. "You know, I saw you passing by me last week soaking wet, and you were just heading out of this place, which means..." Her smile widened, thankful she remembered the glimpse of him.

      Jess, surprised she remembered, sighed. "Fine, I got pushed in too, once."

     "Shared trauma, my friend." She concluded jokingly, gesturing to the basket for him to open.

"Muffins," He said aloud as he took out the food in the basket. "Plain spaghetti?" He scrunched his nose as he took out the container.

      She completely forgot about Dean's peculiar food preferences, and his no sauce no paste pasta rule that her family would consistently poke fun at. "My favourite." She forced a convincing smile.

      "I don't know, plain spaghetti has Dean Foster written all over it, which means this box was meant for Dean, which means..." Which means Rory made the box. It took her a moment to realise that the three went to the same school, and Jess must've noticed Dean eating plain spaghetti on their lunch breaks. Damn you Foster and your stupid food habits.

      "Definitely not."

      Handing her the container, he grinned. "Then enjoy."